To block a scheduler time slot:
1. In the Daily Appointments (Daybook) or Book At A Glance windows, select the first time slot to block, and select an option:
- Press B.
- Select Block/Unblock Slot from the Options section of the Express bar or the Options menu.
- Select Block/Unblock Slot from the short-cut menu.
The Blocked Slot Properties window is displayed.
2. Select an option:
- To enter a new message for the blocked slot: Type the message in the Message section.
Note: The message is added to the Pre-Defined Messages drop-down list.
- To use a pre-defined message: Select it from the Pre-Defined Messages section.
- To change the text color: Select the color box. The Color window is displayed. Select a text color and click OK.
- To change the background color: Select the color box. The Color window is displayed. Select a background color and click OK.
3. Click OK.
4. To extend the block to cover a range of slots, select it and drag the square in the lower-right corner to the end of the set of time slots to block.
Note: If you attempt to schedule a patient appointment in the blocked slot, a message asking you whether to override the blocked slot is displayed. If you click Yes, the slot is unblocked and the appointment is scheduled.