Goal: To generate continuation of treatment claims.
Generating Continuation of Treatment Claims - Electronic
1. Click Functions, Insurance Functions, Continuation of Treatment from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. Click Confirm all Printed Claims. This should only be done at the beginning of the month. Confirming all printed claims will remove all of the description of service information from the current claims so that they cannot be reprinted if the claims need to be sent again.
3. Click the Confirm button.
4. Click the Generate Claims option.
5. Click the Generate button.
6. Click OK once the claims have been generated.
7. Click Close to close the Continuation of Treatment window.
8. Click Functions, Insurance Functions, Claim Processing from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
9. Click Create Electronic Claims under the Processing Options section.
10. Click Create.
11. Select a Date on Signature Lines option.
12. Click OK.
13. When the Generate Electronic Claims window is displayed, click Yes to the Message Do you want to process these claims now?.
14. Click Edit/View Claims.
15. Verify that there are no errors on any of the claims.
16. If there are errors on claims, highlight the claim with the error by clicking on it and then click Remove. Claims with errors must be fixed prior to sending them. Write down the claims that have errors and enter the missing information on the claims before sending the next batch. They will then be included on the next batch created.
17. Verify that all the claims with errors have been flagged as removed.
18. Click Transmit.
Generating Continuation of Treatment Claims - Paper
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Functions, Insurance Functions, Continuation of Treatment.
2. Click Confirm all Printed Claims. This step should only be done at the beginning of the month. Confirming all printed claims will remove all of the description of service information from the current claims so that they cannot be reprinted if the claims need to be sent again.
3. Click Confirm.
4. Click Generate Claims.
5. Click Generate.
NOTE: When using the Electronic Claim Processing module of the OrthoTrac software, skip the remaining steps and click close to close the Continuation of Treatment window, then go into the Claim Processing menu and click Create Electronic claims option. Claims that are set to Electronic will not print to the printer.
If some carriers are set to Electronic but others are not because they require paper claims, do the Create Electronic Claims option as mentioned above to create electronic claims first, then return to this area and print the paper claims after that.
6. Click Print all Unprinted Claims.
7. Click Print.
NOTE: All manual continuation of treatment claims will be printed. If the batch is complete skip all remaining steps. If the claims need to be reprinted, continue to step 08.
8. Click Reprint all Printed Claims.
9. Click Print.
10. Click Close to close the Continuation of Treatment window.
NOTE: Mailing labels can be printed by clicking on the Print Mailing Labels option and then click Print. Mailing labels will print for all insurance companies the first time that they are printed. After the initial printing, all future mailing labels will only print for the insurance companies that have a claim in the current batch.