When generating a Continuation of Treatment claim, where is the date on the claim pulled from?
In Carrier Maintenance for that Carrier, the Continuation of Treatment field in the Claim Information section determines what date is used on the claim.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Carrier Maintenance.
2. Select the carrier/employer from the OrthoTrac Software Carrier Lookup window.
3. Click the Change button to open the Carrier Maintenance window.
4. The Continuation of Treatment field in the Claim Information section determines what date is used on the claim.
- If it is set to None the carrier doesn't require Continuation of Treatment claims.
- If it is set to Range, the day of the month can be specified. Prior to version 11.4 it was the first of the month.
- If it is set to Specific the system will use the date the patient was seen in the office.
- If it is set to Per Visit Only the system will use the date the patient was seen in the office with an additional feature: the claim will ONLY generate when the patient is seen for a visit during that month.
- If it is set to Last Day of Month the system will use the last day of that month.
- If it is set to Banding Date the system will use the patient's Banding Date.
NOTE: If any Carriers are set to Specific then Include the Current Month on the Claim should NOT be checked and continuation of treatment claims should always be generated for the previous month.