Run the roll in OrthoTrac from Reports, Functions, Financial Functions, Roll Accounts. Financial rolls can be done on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis depending on what contract options (roll dates) your practice uses.
NOTE: While it is not required, it is a good idea to close the daysheet before and after running the roll. Doing this isolates all roll transactions to their own daysheet and makes finding transactions on the daysheet easier.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Reports, Financial, Roll, Roll Accounts.
Click Yes to run auto-payments or No to skip running Auto-payments and continue running the roll.
NOTE: Clicking Yes will apply the auto payments if there are any to post.
3. The Financial Roll window is displayed with the following message:
4. The Financial Roll window is displayed with the following message:
NOTE: If you have not done a backup, click No, run a backup by selecting File, Prepare Backup from the main Orthotrac screen, and begin with step 1 again.
5. If the Roll message is displayed with the message Another workstation is running OrthoTrac. Please close all other workstations before running the roll., click OK, close out of all other workstations, and begin again with step 1.
The Preparing Database window will display after step 4 for a short time. The system is preparing the database for the roll.
***WARNING: DO NOT PRESS <CTRL-ALT-DEL> DURING THIS PROCESS OR THE DATABASE COULD BE CORRUPTED.***
6. When the Roll Options window displays, select the appropriate option:
Apply Contract Charges, Apply Late Charges, and Age Accounts
Apply Contract Charges, and Age Accounts
Apply Late Charges and Age Accounts
Age only (ages *ALL* accounts)
NOTE: The roll will always apply aging first (moving amounts from Current to 30 days, 30 days to 60 days, and so on). Aging will only move charges if it has actually been more than 30 days since the charge was applied (for example, a charge showing in Current, applied on 7/20/2016, will not be moved to 30 days past due when a roll is performed on 8/1/2016).
After the aging process, the roll will apply additional charges (contract charges then late charges, or either one only, depending on which roll process was selected).
NOTE: If this is the very first time you have done the roll (for a completely new practice with no data), select Age only (ages *ALL* accounts). Then it will be necessary to run the roll again using one of the other options.
7. If performing a roll which includes late charges, select the desired Late Charge options.
NOTE: For late charges to apply to accounts with less than 30 days, as in the case of a 15 day grace period, select the option All Amounts Due under Late Charges.
8. Enter the This roll should process contract charges thru: date. The date should not be a future date or late charges will not be applied correctly.
9. Click the Apply button to save the settings for the next time the roll is performed.
10. Click OK to begin the roll process.
11. The Financial Roll window is displayed with the following message (options shown will depend on the function chosen in the previous step):
Click Yes to begin the roll or select No to see the previous window and change the roll options.
**** WARNING! DO NOT INTERRUPT THE ROLL PROCESS ONCE IT HAS BEEN STARTED. ****
12. When the roll completes, the Roll Report Options window is displayed. Select the type of report to print and click Print. The summary report shows all actions performed by the roll. The detail report shows all accounts, including those that were not affected by the roll.
13. When the Print Options window is displayed, select Print Report.
14. Click the OK button.