On a widescreen monitor, the best combination is to set Windows' resolution to 1366x768 (however, not all monitors are capable of this) and set PracticeWorks' resolution to 1024x768.
If those settings are not possible, instead put Windows' resolution to 1280x800 and set PracticeWorks' resolution to 1152x864 (or 1024x768, if the office needs to see later hours).
Follow these steps to change the Windows resolution setting:
1. Close PracticeWorks.
2. Right-click on the desktop.
3. Select Screen Resolution.
4. Set the Resolution option to 1280x800 (or as close as possible).
5. Click Apply > OK.
Follow these steps to change the PracticeWorks resolution setting:
1. Go to Start > Programs > CS PracticeWorks > Configuration of CS PracticeWorks.
2. Click Setup > General Configuration.
3. Click the + beside Preferences > Appointment book > Display.
4. Highlight Screen Area (resolution).
5. Change the Value setting to 1152x864 and click Save entry (on some monitors, it is necessary to use 1024x768 here to show the entire calendar).
6. Highlight the option for Screen resolution automatically detected at startup.
7. Change the Value setting to NO and click Save entry.
8. Reopen PracticeWorks.
For the most appealing display, select a Windows resolution with numbers slightly higher on both sides of the "x" than the corresponding numbers in PracticeWorks. This is not always possible due to limited options between PracticeWorks, Windows 7, and the widescreen monitor's drivers.