This error may occur if an invalid credit card transaction is entered in the credit card batch. To resolve the error, remove the invalid transaction, and re-enter the charge as an offline transaction.
Determining the Invalid Credit Card Transaction
1. Click Activities on the main menu bar.
2. Select E-Payment Service.
3. On the next window, click the Settle/Print Authorizations button
4. Note the transaction with invalid characters.
Removing the Invalid Credit Card Transaction
1. Click Lists > People on the main menu bar.
2. Select the patient, click Edit.
3. Click the Ledger button.
4. Right-click the credit card charge.
5. Select Correct Entry > Remove Entry.
Reentering the Credit Card Charge as Offline
1. Access the ledger: Click Lists > People > Edit > Click Ledger Button.
2. Click the Credit Card button on the lower right corner of the Ledger.
3. The E-Payment Screen appears (Credit Card Tab should be selected). Click the Charge button.
4. On the top of the Credit Card Information screen click the Off Line (no modem) checkbox.
5. Uncheck Card is Present if not applicable.
6. If not swiping the card, enter the card holder name (can be left blank but may incur additional non-compliance charges from the bank), credit card account number & expiration date.
Click the Last button to have the last credit card number & expiration date used for this patient populate the appropriate fields. If the CVD number is available, enter it, if not available leave it blank.
7. Enter the approval number in the Authorization # field, and click OK.
8. If prompted to print a receipt, do so if desired. The Off Line transaction will appear in the Settlement Preview.