How to setup a letter so that it pulls from the toothchart that displays in the toothchart screen in the patient's charting module.
Add the merge field <<ExtractionToothchart>> and/or <<ExtractionInstructions>> to the extraction letter.
NOTE: The <<ExtractionToothchart>> merge field will add the entire toothchart into the letter. The <<ExtractionInstructions>> will add the information from the Extraction Instructions text box in the Toothchart screen.
1. Click Functions, Word Processing, Letter Setup from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. Select the extraction letter from the list.
3. Click the Change button.
4. Click Edit... Letter. There may be more than one letter. The Edit... Letter button may be displayed as Edit Responsible Party Letter, Edit Patient Letter or Edit Doctor Letter based on which option is selected under the Addressee. When more than one letter is in the system, both letters will need to be edited.
6. When the letter opens, locate the place in the letter where the merge field is to be added and click one time to place the cursor there.
7. Click the Add-Ins tab at the top, then click on the Merge Fields button on the OrthoTrac Office Automated Word Processing Mail Merge tool bar.
When the Insert OrthoTrac Merge Field screen displays, type the word "extraction" in the text box. Select the desired merge field, ExtractionToothChart or ExtractionInstructions. Click the OK button to insert the merge field.
8. Click File, Save to save the letter.
9. Click File, Exit to close the letter.
10. Repeat steps 4 through 9 for the second letter, if more than one letter exists.
11. When the AWPS - Change letter window is displayed, click OK.
12. When the System Update window message is displayed, click OK.
13. Click Close to exit the AWPS Letter Setup window.
14. Post and print the letter to verify that the extraction toothchart and/or instructions print correctly.
[Article ID: 82183ATL]