Changes you make in SoftDent to the patient record or to an appointment can trigger the creation of data that will need to be imported into Amazing Charts.
Here are some things to keep in mind about how changes you make in SoftDent affect Amazing Charts information:
Changes that Will Require Data to be Imported
Several conditions will trigger the process of creating data to later be imported into Amazing Charts, including:
- Adding a new patient
- Changing any of the following parts of the patient record:
Middle Initial (middle name's first letter only)
Date of Birth
Referred In By Dr ID
Primary Dental Insurance Holder
Secondary Dental Insurance Holder
Primary Dental Insurance ID
Secondary Dental Insurance ID
Primary Medical Insurance Holder (only if patient doesn't have both primary and secondary dental coverage)
Primary Medical Insurance ID (only if patient doesn't have both primary and secondary dental coverage)
Secondary Medical Insurance Holder (only if there is no secondary dental insurance)
Secondary Medical Insurance ID (only if there is no secondary dental insurance)
Patient's Relationship to Each Guarantor
- Scheduling or rescheduling an appointment
- Changing any of the following parts of the appointment:
Lengthening the Appointment
Shortening the Appointment
Changing the Number of Slots in the Appointment Card
Changing the Doctor
Changing the Hygienist
Changing the Assistant
Changes that Cause Data Not to be Imported
• Creating a new patient and leaving the date of birth blank, despite the warning in SoftDent, results in no data being sent to Amazing Charts.
Changes that Can Cause Errors
• Scheduling a new patient and leaving the date of birth blank, despite the warning in SoftDent, results in an error when SD data is imported into Amazing Charts.
• Scheduling an existing patient without a date of birth results in an error when SoftDent data is imported into Amazing Charts.
• Providers (first name and last name) in SoftDent should match the providers entered in Amazing Charts prior to importing any data.
• Amazing Charts matches patients by their first name, last name, and date of birth.
• A patient with a date of birth that was left blank will not be imported into Amazing Charts.
• If a patient’s first or last name is changed in SoftDent, a new patient with the new name is added in Amazing Charts. If the patient (before the name change) had any appointments in Amazing Charts, they are deleted, and new appointment(s) are added for the patient with the new name.
• If you make several changes to a patient record in SoftDent—for example, changing an address and adding a Social Security Number—the same changes are found in Amazing Charts.
• If you make several changes to a patient appointment in SoftDent—for example, rescheduling, updating the date or time, or changing doctors—the same changes are found in Amazing Charts.
• Appointments that had been previously added to Amazing Charts and later cancelled in SoftDent are deleted from the Amazing Charts scheduler.
• Appointments that had been previously added to Amazing Charts and later checked out or posted in SoftDent will stay on the Amazing Charts scheduler.
• Information that is already in Amazing Charts cannot be deleted by deleting it in SoftDent. You must manually delete the information in Amazing Charts.
• Amazing Charts time units default to 15 minutes but can be changed at any time. If the time units in Amazing Charts are different from those used in SoftDent or if they are changed, the appointments already on the Amazing Charts scheduler are not affected, nor are the new appointments coming from SoftDent.
• When in Amazing Charts, records must be imported manually. Records are not imported automatically. See the Amazing Charts documentation for information on importing data.