How to set a staff member to have security permissions to print or purge HIPAA Security Audit Log report.
NOTE: The HIPAA Security Audit Logging feature must be enabled before this report can be viewed. For information on enabling the logging feature, please see the article How to Turn the "HIPAA Security Audit Logging" Option On or Off. Once this feature is enabled, proceed with the below steps to allow a staff member to view or print it.
Set the staff member to have security privileges to print the HIPAA Security Audit Log report under Security Maintenance.
1. Login to OrthoTrac as the security administrator. The security administrator is the person who has permission to make changes in Security under Maintenance/Set-up screen in the following steps.
2. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Security. If a message displays indicating that you do not have permission to make changes to security settings, the office administrator that has permission to make the changes must be logged into OrthoTrac in order to make these changes.
3. Select either, By Staff Type or By Staff. There are group By Staff Type settings and personal By Staff settings. Once a personal security setting has been made the group settings will no longer affect the personal settings.
If the security setting to be made should not apply to the entire group of staff members who are assigned the same staff type, make the changes to the staff member only by using the By Staff option.
If the security setting to be made should apply to the entire group of staff members that are assigned the same staff type, change the settings for the Staff Type first using the By Staff Type option. Then, In the event that the changes made to the Staff Type do not work for a specific staff member that is assigned to that specific staff type, the staff member already has a personal setting and in order to change that staff member's individual settings use the By Staff settings.
4. Select the staff type from the By Staff Type drop-down list that will be given permission to print reports. If the By Staff option was selected in step 03 above select the staff member from the By Staff drop-down list.
5. Under category Reports, set the option for View HIPAA Security Audit Log to Yes.
6. If the staff member or staff type should also have access to purging the log file, set the option for Purge HIPAA Security Audit Log to Yes as well.
7. Click the OK button.
8. Restart OrthoTrac, logging in as the person whose profile was modified.
9. Verify that the staff member can view and/or print the HIPAA Security Audit Log report.
NOTE: For information on viewing and printing the report, please see the article How to View, Print or Purge Data From the HIPAA Security Audit Log.
[[Article ID: 6407CTL85]]