How to set up a staff member to be the Time Clock Administrator and to have the ability to adjust time cards.
A time clock administrator has the ability to adjust time cards, view time card reports, and view time card errors. This must be setup in both Time Clock Maintenance and Security Maintenance.
NOTE: In order to make adjustments to Security the Staff member logging in to OrthoTrac must have permission to make Security changes.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Maintenance/Setup.
2. Select the Timeclock Maintenance option.
3. Select the name in the Time Clock Administrator drop-down box under the Timeclock Options section.
4. Select any additional needed options.
5. Click OK.
6. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Security.
7. Select the staff member under By Staff that will have the ability to make adjustments to the time cards from the drop down list.
8. Click the category Maintenance.
9. Click Timeclock Maintenance under the Function column.
10. Click Yes from the drop down list of Permissions.
11. Click the category Other.
12. Click Adjust Timecards under the Function column.
13. Click Yes from the drop down list of Permissions.
14. Click the category Reports.
15. Click Timeclock Reports under the Function column.
16. Click Yes from the drop down list of Permissions.
17. Click Timeclock View Errors under the Function column.
18. Click Yes from the drop down list of Permissions.
19. Click on the OK button.
NOTE: Repeat Steps 7 through 18 for all Staff who need the ability to adjust Time Clock entries, view reports, or view errors. More than one staff can have the ability to adjust time clock entries (although this is not recommended), but there is only ONE Time Clock Administrator.
20. When the System Update message displays, click on the OK button.
21. Restart OrthoTrac logging in as the staff member that was changed and verify that they can make changes to timecards and access the Timeclock maintenance.
[[Article ID: 1029ATL]]