How to prevent certain staff members from accessing the charges and payments financial screen, or the financial adjustments screen.
Close OrthoTrac and login as the security administrator. Change the security settings for Charges and Payments under the Financial category in Security Maintenance to prevent staff from accessing the charges and payments screen, or change the security settings for Adjustments under the Financial category to prevent staff from accessing adjustments.
Security settings can only be changed by the office staff member that has access to the security settings. Approval for security changes must be determined by the office manager or doctor.
1. Login to OrthoTrac as the security administrator. The security administrator is the person who has permission to make changes in Security under Maintenance/Set-up screen.
2. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Security. If a message displays indicating that you do not have permission to make changes to security settings, the office administrator that has permission to make the changes must be logged in to OrthoTrac in order to make these changes.
3. Select the staff member from the By Staff drop-down list.
4. Select the Financials category.
5. Select the Charges and Payments function and use the drop-down list to select No.
6. Select the Adjustments function and use the drop-down list to select No.
NOTE: This will prevent access to all adjustments. If you wish to prevent access to specific adjustments, select the individual adjustment in the Function column and use the drop-down list to select No. Repeat for any other adjustments you want to limit for that staff member.
7. Click OK.
8 When the System Update message displays, click OK.
9. Restart OrthoTrac logging in as the staff member whose security profile was changed.
10. Verify that the staff member is no longer able to access Charges and Payments, or Adjustments.
[[Article ID: 20955ATL]]