To run the roll automatically at night.
IMPORTANT! Running the roll using schedule tasks relies on Windows to execute the process. Scheduled tasks runs with a low priority so if the system is busy doing other things the roll may not run. If the roll is to be run on a daily basis a good idea is to have it run just before the daysheet is executed.
When the roll runs via the scheduled tasks, it will not print the roll report. However, the next time you log into OrthoTrac, you will be prompted to print the roll report. This is your record of the roll. This can be set for a particular staff member by going to Maintenance/Set-up, Staff Maintenance, selecting the staff member, clicking Options, and checking the box for Prompt to Print Roll Report following Scheduled Roll.
Additionally, if using OrthoTrac version 11.5 or higher, a second command line option can be used to specify which roll functions should be used. This can also be used to set up multiple rolls: to run the charge/age roll on, say, the first of each month, and the late charge roll on, say, the fifteenth. See the Note on adding the /r argument in each section below.
Setting the Default Roll Options
1. Click Reports, Financial, Roll, Roll Accounts from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. If the Action Required window is displayed with the message Unposted Auto-payments found. Do you want to Post them now?, click NO.
3. When the Financial Roll window is displayed with the message This program will allow you to post Contract Charges and Late Charges to the patient accounts and Age the balances. All other workstations MUST exit OrthoTrac Office before running the roll. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?, click Yes.
4. When the Financial Roll window is displayed with the message It is ALWAYS a smart idea to do a Daily Backup just before doing a roll. HAVE YOU DONE A DAILY BACKUP?, click Yes.
5. If a Roll message is displayed with the message Another workstation is running OrthoTrac. Please close all other workstations before running the roll., click OK. The Preparing Database window will display.
6. Set the roll options when the Roll Options window displays.
7. Click Apply, Cancel.
Setting up a Server to Run the Roll Automatically - Windows 7 or Server 2008
1. While logged into the server as an administrative user, select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Task Scheduler on the server.
2. Click Create Basic Task in the Actions panel on the right side. This will open the Create Basic Task Wizard window.
3. Type a name in the Name field, a description in the Description field, then click Next.
4. Select the frequency for running the roll: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. In this example we will assume the roll is to be run monthly. Then click Next.
5. Enter the date and time that the roll is to be initially run. Usually this will be the first day of the next month (assuming the roll has already been run for this month). The time chosen should be a time when the office is not open (e.g., 2 AM) so there will be no users in OrthoTrac to interfere with the roll process.
6. Click the Months drop-down menu and click Select all months, then click on the Create Basic Task Wizard window to close the Months drop-down menu.
7. Click the Days drop-down menu and click the 1 box to select the first day of the month, then click on the main Create Basic Task Wizard window to close the Days drop-down menu.
NOTE: If the roll is to be run on the last day of the month, make sure to select the specific box "Last", and NOT "31". If the roll is scheduled for the thirty-first for every month it will be skipped on the months with fewer days (February, April, June, September, etc.)
8. Click Next.
9. Make sure the Start a program radio button is selected, then click Next.
10. Click Browse.
11. Browse to the C:\OMS folder.
NOTE: The path may vary depending on where OrthoTrac is installed.
12. Double-click the Roll.exe file.
13. Type /s in the Add arguments (optional) field, then click Next.
OPTIONAL NOTE: If using version 11.5 or higher of OrthoTrac, the additional command line argument /r will cause the roll to be run automatically with the specified "Roll Function" instead of the last saved roll:
/r=0 will Apply Contract charges, Apply Late charges, and Age accounts
/r=1 will Apply Contract charges, and Age accounts
/r=2 will Apply Late charges, and Age accounts
/r=3 will Age Only
If /r is not set to equal anything or is set to equal anything other than 0-3, the command line will be ignored and run with the options from the last saved roll.
This option can also be used to set up multiple rolls. For example, set up one scheduled task to run on the firstst with arguments /s /r=1 , then another scheduled task to run on the fifteenth with arguments /s /r=2 . The roll on the first would apply the contract charges, then the roll on the fifteenth would apply the late charges.
The /r option is optional. The /s option is ***required***!
14. Click the Open the properties dialog for this task when I click Finish box, then click Finish.
15. Click the General, Triggers, and Actions tabs in turn to make sure all information looks correct.
NOTE: On the General tab, there is a section for Security Options. By default the task will be set to run when the current user account is logged into the system. This option should not generally need to be changed. If the roll does not run properly next month, change this to "Run even when the current user is not logged in". This will require administrator permissions for the task.
16. Once all information has been confirmed correct, click OK to close the Properties window, then close all windows until the desktop displays.
17. If the task needs to be modified in future (for example, to change its frequency), follow step 1 to open the Task Scheduler window, then click the Task Scheduler Library option in the left panel. Locate the task for the automatic roll and right-click it to select Properties.
[[Article ID: 16692C84]]