How to add a new letter into OrthoTrac.
New letters can be created by manually typing the letter or by importing a letter from an existing letter.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Functions, Word Processing, Letter Setup.
2. Click on the Add New Letter button.
3. When the Add Letter window displays enter a name for the letter in the Letter Description text box.
4. Select the addressee of the letter from the Addressee drop-down list.
The letter types are described below:
- The Standard letter affects the patient. If the patient is over eighteen years old the patient will receive the letter. If the patient is under eighteen the responsible party will receive the letter.
- The Patient letter will always be sent to the patient.
- The Financial letter will be sent to the responsible party but only if the responsible party has been set to receive financial letters in the responsible party Information screen.
- The Responsible Party letter has both a Patient letter and a Resp. Party letter and will send the Patient letter when the patient is self responsible. The Responsible Party letter will be sent when the patient is not self responsible.
- The Doctor letter will be sent to the doctor that has been added to the patient's Referral screen as Patient's Doctor. When there is more than one doctor listed for the patient a selection box will display while posting the letter to select the desired doctor.
- The Referring Doctor letter will be sent to the patient's referring doctor that has been added to the patient's Referralscreen under the Referred By section.
- The Referring Patient letter will be sent to the patient that referred a patient that has been added to the Referral screen under the Referred By section.
- The Referring Resp Party letter will be sent to the responsible party that referred the patient that has been added to the Referrals screen under the Referred by section.
5. Select the salutation from the Salutation drop-down list, Formal, Semi-Formal or Informal. In version 12 and higher the Formal and Informal salutations are added in the Edit Name window. This is accessed by double-clicking the patient's name in the Patient Information window. In version 11.6 and earlier these salutations are setup in the Patient Information screen using the Salutation button at the bottom of the screen.
6. Select the signature to be included on the letter, Doctor or Office Staff. The Doctor salutation will put the doctor's name on the letter. When there is more than one doctor in the practice a prompt will display to select the doctor when printing the letter. When Office Staffis selected the staff member that is currently logged into OrthoTrac on the computer where the letter is being posted will be printed on the signature line of the letter.
7. Select the language for the letter. This step is not necessary unless the language is being changed from the default.
8. Select the option for printing envelopes, None or Print Separately. Selecting the option to print the envelope separately will automatically print the envelope after the letter prints. Selecting None will prevent the envelope from printing.
9. Click the Add Patient Letter option.
Adding the letter by typing it
10. Select the letter template from the list, Patient letter,Responsible Party letter or Doctor letter.
11. Click OK.
12. When the letter displays, make any necessary changes to the letter as needed.
NOTE: There is an additional tool bar called the OrthoTrac Word Processing tool bar on the main menu. The tool bar contains buttons that can be used to insert the OrthoTrac database merge fields, patient or responsible party genders, Orthodontic Imaging photos, responses to questionnaires and Date fields. In Microsoft Word 2007 and later the OrthoTrac Word Processing appears under Add-Ins.
13. When the letter has been completed, save and close it.
14. Click OK on the Change Letter window.
15. When the System Update message displays, click OK.
16. Click Close to close the Letter Setup window.
Adding the letter by importing it from an existing letter
10. Click Import.
11. Browse to the location where the letter is stored.
12. Click on the letter to be imported.
13. Click Open.
14. When the letter displays, make any necessary changes to the letter
NOTE: There is an additional tool bar called the OrthoTrac Word Processing tool bar on the main menu. The tool bar contains buttons that can be used to insert the OrthoTrac database merge fields, patient or responsible party genders, OrthoDontic Imaging photos, responses to questionnaires and Date fields. In Microsoft Word 2007 and later the OrthoTrac Word Processing appears under Add-Ins.
15. When the letter has been completed, save and close it.
16. Click OK on the Change Letter window.
17. When the System Update message displays, click OK.
18. Click Close to close the Letter Setup window.
[[Article ID: 47335ATL]]