How to scan or import documents, images, or x-rays into a patient’s document tree
1. Open the patient's information.
2. Click Documents in the Express Bar. If using Classic workspace view, click Options > Documents.
3. Click Capture New Document.
4. Enter a title for the document and set the document quality or category as desired, then click OK.
5. If scanning a document, click File > Select TWAIN, then select the scanner to be used and click OK. If importing a document, skip this step.
6a. If scanning a document, click File > TWAIN Acquire to open the scanner's software, and then scan the document using the scanner's software. This will cause the scanned image to display within the SoftDent preview window.
6b. If importing a document, click File > Import to open the file browser. Navigate to the folder the document is saved in, then select the document and click Open. This will cause the scanned image to display within the SoftDent preview window. Note: You may need to change the "Files of Type" drop-down to "All Files" if the document you are importing is not a supported image format.
7. To save the scanned document, click Save Capture. The document will now be listed in the patient's Documents tree.