Submit claim to Secondary insurance added after primary insurance was originally billed.
Patient Already Assigned Secondary Insurance
1. Enter the insurance check payment for the applicable patient.
2. Make certain to attach the insurance payment to the appropriate primary claim, marking it as final payment.
3. Submit secondary insurance.
Patient Isn't Assigned Secondary Insurance Yet, but a Claim is Outstanding
1. Click List in the main menu bar.
2. Select Patient.
3. Double-click on the patient to have secondary insurance coverage. The patient information screen is displayed.
4. Click the Insurance tab.
5. Click the Secondary dental insurance drop down menu.
6. Select the name of the guarantor under which secondary insurance is carried.
7. Make certain that the patient's relationship to guarantor 1 and 2 are selected.
8. Click OK to save the changes.
9. Click Transactions.
10. Click Outstanding Insurance.
11. Select the claim that needs to submitted to the secondary insurance.
12. Click View Claim or press <V> on the keyboard.
13. Click Cancel Claim or press <C> on the keyboard.
14. Click Yes or press <Y> on the keyboard to cancel the claim.
15. Click Yes or press <Y> on the keyboard to delete the claim.
16. Click Close from the Outstanding Insurance window.
17. Click Submit Insurance - This will resubmit the primary insurance.
18. If the final insurance payment has been received, post that payment or if already posted then post a $0.00 payment and associate it with the new claim number.
19. When asked, "Submit Secondary Insurance Form?" click Yes.