Add an insurance carrier to a patient's chart.
Insurance carriers are attached to Responsible Parties. From the Patient Information screen add the carrier via the Responsible Party Information window.
1. Double-click the responsible party with the insurance coverage in the Patient Information window. The Responsible Party Information window will open. In version 12 and later a single-click is all that is necessary.
2. Use the pull-down list in the Carrier field to select <Add Insurance>. The OrthoTrac Software Carrier Lookup window will open.
3. Double-click the carrier/employer. The carrier will be added to the Carrier field of the Responsible Party Information window.
4. Select the Carrier from the Carrier pull-down list. The Insurance Carrier dialog box will be presented.
5. Enter the Responsible Party's insurance ID in the Insurance ID field.
6. Click OK in the Insurance Carrier window.
7. Click OK in the Responsible Party Information window.
8. Click OK in the Patient Information window. In version 12 and later, click Save Changes.
[[Article ID: 20184C84]]