The instructions below explain how to generate a Referral Report showing Outside Doctors who referred patients into the practice during a given date range.
NOTE: This report can also be run for doctor types, staff, patients, responsible parties, and siblings. Also note that the numbers shown by this report can change if referrals are changed from how they were originally entered (changed to a different date, referral entered in error and then removed entirely, referral entered for wrong doctor and then deleted and entered with correct doctor). Deleting a patient from the system, however, does not affect the referral numbers, although the patient's name will no longer be shown in doctor specifics (see step 9 below).
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Referrals.
NOTE: In version 11 and higher make sure that Referrals(IN) is selected. To run the report for a single doctor select One in the Outside Doctors section. After clicking OK a list of the outside doctors is presented.
2. Click Outside Doctors or other referral type if required.
3. Select Custom Date from the Report Dates drop-down list.
4. Press <Tab>.
5. Enter the beginning date for the report in the From text box.
6. Press <Tab>.
7. Enter the ending date for the report in the To text box.
8. Click OK.
9. When the Detail Referral List for Outside Doctors window opens, select the type of sorting in the Sort Referrals by section. You may also view specifics for a particular doctor by double-clicking on that doctor's name; to print results for just that particular doctor from the list, open that doctor then click Print from that doctor's Detail Referral List window.
NOTE: The Graph Information section at the bottom allows you to view graphical charts for either All Sources or just the top 10 sources based on the sorting order that is chosen at the top. These charts can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate button in the Graph Information section (Referrals, Charges, Payments, Contracts, or Custom to build your own chart). The charts can be viewed multiple ways by clicking the display options in the bottom left hand corner, or printed out. The Graph Information does not appear as part of the standard printed report; to print the graphs they must be viewed individually.
10. Click Print.
[[Article #: 1917ATL]]