Statements can be generated in OrthoTrac for two formats. One (Aging) shows late history the other (Due As Of) shows future charges.
Related Article: How and When to Generate "Aging" Statements
ALERT! When using the eStatements (electronic statements), changes to the statement options and settings can cause the statements to print incorrect information on them. Do not make changes to the statement options when using electronic statements, speak to the eServices department.
To show future charges on the statement, choose the Due as of format. When using Due as of format, generate the statements on the last day of the month with a Bill Date for the next month not the current month. The statements will show the amount that is currently due and what will be due next month, 30 days from now. Do not generate Due As Of statements more than a month ahead, they will not generate correctly.
NOTE: "Due As Of" statements should always be generated on the last day of the date range for which they are being printed.
1. From the main menu OrthoTrac, click Reports.
2. Select Financial, Statements, Generate Statements.
3. Select Due as of format.
4. Enter the next month for Bill Date. i.e. 04/2010 assuming the current date is March 30, 2014. If multiple due dates are being used and statements are to be generated more than once a month select the Due Days option and enter the range of days to include on the statements. For example, to process statements twice a month, on the 15th of the month generate statements using the 1st and the 15th for the date range. Then on the last day of the month, generate statements using the 15th through the 30th (or 31st) of the month for a date range.
5. Click OK.
6. Select the appropriate Age of Accounts to Print option. The Age Of Accounts To Print option determines who will receive statements based on the criteria selected. Using the correct option is required to prevent statements from printing for patients that have specific balances. Example: All non-zero accounts will generate a statement for all patients that have balances even if the balance is a credit balance.
NOTE: Zuelke offices should select All Non-Zero
7. For version 12 and higher select either Per Responsible or Per Patient at the bottom of the window. In earlier versions of OrthoTrac statements were generated by responsible party only.
8. Click OK.
9. A verification window will appear. Verify all options are correct and click OK to begin the statement generation.
10. When the statements finish generating, you will be asked if you wish to print the Post-Generation Summary. This summary report provides a list of the criteria that were used to generate the statements, plus a list of any accounts that had problems which would prevent them from having a statement generated.
[[Article #: 400ATL]]