Verify that the current batch of claims does not have any claims with errors. When there is a claim with an error on it, remove the claim from the batch. Once all claims with errors have been removed from the batch, the Transmit button should be active.
Electronic claims must be first created then transmitted and then retrieved in that order.
In rare cases the transmit button may still not be active. When this occurs, verify that the UID and TIN are correct in the eServices Setup screen. Also ensure that the TIN is correctly assigned to the doctor in the Staff Maintenance screen.
NOTE: Permissions to eServices Setup and Staff Maintenance functions may be internally restricted by some offices. Only staff with permissions to view and edit those maintenance functions should perform the steps below.
1. Verify that the doctor has the correct Tax ID number in the Staff Maintenance screen.
How to Verify the Doctor's TIN in Staff Maintenance
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Staff Maintenance.
2. Select the doctor's name from the OrthoTrac Software Staff Lookup screen.
3. Click Change.
4. Verify that the TIN text box contains the doctors tax id number. If the TIN text box is empty, enter the doctors TIN.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Cancel.
2. Verify that the doctor's tax id number has been entered in the eServices Setup screen.
How to Verify the Doctor's TIN in the eServices Setup Screen
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac click Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, eServices Setup.
2. Click the Configure button to the right of eClaims.
3. Verify that the Provider TIN text box has the correct Tax ID number. If the box is empty, enter the doctor's tax id number.
4. Verify that the Account No. text box has the account number. If not, enter the account number which can be found in Clientele on the Organization screen under the Details tab in the ES Acct No. text box.
5. Click the OK button on the EDI Utility -Web Enabled File Transfer Settings screen.
6. Click Close.
7. When the System Update message displays, click OK.
8. Restart OrthoTrac.
9. Verify that the Transmit button is now active.
[[Article #: 74492ATL]]