To activate a pending contract.
There are three ways to activate a pending contract: run the roll on or after the Initial Fee Due Date, change the Initial Fee Due Date on the contract, or post a procedure to activate the contract. See each section below for more information.
Run the Roll on or After the Initial Fee Due Date of the Contract
This is self-explanatory.
Change the Initial Fee Due Date on the Contract
1. Click Functions, Financial Functions, Contracts and Payment Plans from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. Select the patient from the OrthoTrac Software Patient Look-up window.
3. Click OK.
4. Make sure that there is a black arrow to the left of the Responsible Party's name in the Responsible/Insurance column. If not, click on the Responsible Party's name. Pending should be showing to the right of Description.
5. Double-click the Init Fee Due Date and enter today's date.
6. Press <Ctrl+S> on the keyboard to post the change.
Post a Procedure to Activate the Contract
1. Click Functions, Maintenance/Setup, Procedure Code Maintenance from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. Select a procedure you wish to use to activate the contract from the Procedure Code Maintenance list.
3. Click Change.
4. Verify that Activate Pending Contract in the Procedure Code Options section has an X in it. If there is not an X in the check box, click on the check box and an X will be displayed.
5. Click OK.
6. When the System Update message is displayed, click OK.
7. Click Exit to close the Procedure Code Maintenance window.
8. Click Functions, Financial Functions, Charges from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
9. Select the patient from the list.
10. Click OK.
11. Click the highlighted line Enter Code or Click Here for List one time.
12. Select the procedure set to activate the pending contract from the list.
13. Click Select.
14. Click OK.
15. Press <Ctrl+S> on the keyboard to post the procedure.
16. When the procedure is posted, an Activate Pending Contracts screen will appear. Red text indicates that the Initial Fee Due Date will be changed to today's date. The checkbox underneath, Adjust payment schedule based on initial fee due date, determines whether or not the Contract Start date should also be changed.
If this box is left checked, the Contract Start Date will be moved up by the number of months' difference between the originally entered Initial Fee Due Date and the actually used Initial Fee Due Date.
If the box is unchecked, the originally entered Contract Start Date will be left unaltered.
17. Click OK on the Activate Pending Contracts screen.
[[Article ID: 1562ATL]]