To add a new contract.
In the patient's contract window, enter the full amount of treatment and create a contract for all responsible parties and insurances.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Financial Functions, Contracts and Payment Plans.
2. Select the patient from the OrthoTrac Software Patient Look-Up window.
3. Click OK.
4. Enter the contract Description.
5. Press <Tab>.
6. Enter the Contract Total. (The full amount of treatment that is to be paid.)
7. Press <Tab>.
NOTE: If there is only one responsible party in the list, skip to step 13.
8. Enter the amount of the contract to be applied to the first responsible party. If the first responsible party will not have a contract, type: 0.00
9. Press <Tab>.
10. Enter the amount of the contract to be applied to the next responsible party in the list.
NOTE: If the next responsible party will not have a contract, type: 0.00
11. Press <Tab>.
12. Repeat steps 10 through 11 until all responsible party amounts have been entered.
NOTE: When the last responsible party contract amount has been entered in the list, the next time the <Tab> key is pressed the Initial Fee text box will be highlighted.
13. When the Initial Fee text box is highlighted for the responsible party listed below the Medical Alert text box, type the initial fee amount for that responsible party.
If the responsible party listed below the Medical Alert text box will not have a contract, press <Tab> until the message box, This Responsible Party/Insurance will have no contract displays, click OK, Next. Repeat step 13 for the next responsible party.
14. When the Initial Fee amount has been entered for the responsible party, press <Tab>.
15. Enter the Payment Amount in the Payment Amount text box for the responsible party that is listed under the Medical Alert text window.
NOTE: If the number of payments is should be used instead of payment amount, press <Tab> on the keyboard.
16. Enter the number of payments to be charged in the Num. of Payments text box then press <Tab>.
NOTE: If the Payment Amount was entered in step 15 then skip step 16 since it is already filled in.
17. Enter the Initial fee due date in the Init. Fee Due Date text box.
NOTE: If the Initial Fee Due Date is today's date the contract is created as an active contract. When the Initial Fee Due Date is entered as a date in the future, the contract is created as a Pending contract. Pending contracts will not show in Totals or Ledgers until the contract becomes active. Pending contracts can be deleted and re-added without affecting the accounts receivable totals or production.
18. Press <Tab>.
19. Enter the contract start date in the Cont. Start Date text box.
20. Click Next.
21. Repeat steps 13 through 21 until all responsible party and insurance contracts have been entered.
22. Press <Ctrl-S> to post the contract.
23. If the Print Coupons window is displayed, click Yes to print coupons or No to skip printing the coupons.
24. When the following message displays, Contract - Banding date has not been entered. Do you wish to enter it now?, click Yes to enter the banding date or No to enter the banding date at another time. If the banding date is already entered prior to entering the contracts, the banding date message will not be displayed.
[[Article ID: 5841ATL]]