How are Explosion Codes created and used? Why aren't Explosion Codes prompting for tooth or surface?
Explosion codes can be used a convenient way of posting a single transaction code within SOFTDENT Software that will automatically expand into several other codes without having to post each of those codes individually. Codes 100000.00 Through 1000999.99 in SOFTDENT Software can be added as explosion codes.
1. Click in the main menu bar.
2. Select .
3. Highlight any code in the list.
4. Presson the keyboard or click to add a code.
5. Enter a code number between and .
6. Add a description title to the code and an office code if so desired.
7. Select the tab.
8. Enter the individual ADA transaction codes to be included in the explosion code.
9. Click to save the changes.
Considering that Explosion Codes will automatically populate and appointment, the tooth and/or surface will not be entered automatically. These variables will need to be entered manually in to the transaction after it has been posted, until this is done the procedure will not be charted correctly.
1. From the main menu bar, select .
2. Find a slot and make an appointment.
4. Select an explosion code from the list ADA Code List when creating the appointment and click .