Generating a Daily Register report.
- Click Reports in the main menu bar.
- Select Accounting.
- Select Registers.
- Select Daily and select the desired output option. The Registers report setup is displayed.
- Click OK to generate the report.
The Registers Report will list information regarding production, collection, and adjustment totals for a given date range.
For the Register Report, there are 6 options: Daily, Monthly, Yearly, Period, Cumulative, and Summary. These options allow you to run a Registers report for the current day, month, year, or a selected period.
The Daily, Monthly, Yearly, and Period Register reports summarize receivables information for a specific period, and include the number of patients seen and how many of those patients were new. These reports also give the total production amount for the period, a breakdown of charges, adjustments and collections, average production per patient, and average production per hour for the time period.
Understanding Report Elements
This report includes every transaction, including dangling transactions.
- Patients Seen: Count of patients seen during the specified date range.
- New Patients Seen: Count of patients seen whose First Visit dates are within the specified date range.
- Productions: Total dollar amount posted to productions (codes 100.00+).
- Charges: Total dollar amount posted to charges (codes 61.00-95.89, 97.00-97.89, 99.00-99.89).
- Adjustments To Production: Total dollar amount posted to production adjustments (codes 40.00-60.89).
- Amount due to PPO write-offs: Total dollar amount posted to PPO write-offs (code 50.90).
- Tax Liability: Tax on production codes (if tax feature is enabled).
- Net Productions: Net Production = Productions + Charges +/- Adjustments to Production - Tax.
- Collections: Total collections = Cash + Check + Credit Cards.
- Cash: Total dollar amount posted to cash payments (codes 1.00-1.89), including plan transactions.
- Check: Total dollar amount posted to check payments (codes 2.00-10.89), including plan transactions.
- Credit Cards: Total dollar amount posted to credit card payments (codes 11.00-20.89), including plan transactions.
- Adjustments to Collections: Total dollar amount posted to collections adjustments (codes 21.00-39.89, 96.00-96.89, 98.00-98.89), including plan transactions.
- Net Collections: Net Collections = Collections +/- Adjustments to Collections.
- Regular Collections: Subtotal of Net Collections posted to accounts and patients.
- Average Production per Patient: Average Production per Patient = Net Productions divided by Patients Seen.
- Average Production per Hour:
- For practice = Net Productions ÷ All Providers' Current Hours (includes current hours for all providers who had production for the day and excludes holidays, even when they have been cleared by running the Missed Appointments Report). Example: A provider works eight hours a day, five days a week, and you run the report for one week. If the provider only had production on three of those five days, the total
- hours would be 24.
- For individual providers = Net Productions ÷ Provider Hours (includes current hours for all providers who had production for the day, excluding lunch hours, vacation hours, and holidays).
- Previous Receivables Total:
- Daily previous day's entry in the RCVTOT.DAT file.
- Monthly previous month's ending entry in the RCVTOT.DAT file.
- Yearly previous year's ending entry in the RCVTOT.DAT file.
- Today's Receivables: Net Production$ - Net Collections, stored in the RCVTOT.DAT file.
- New Receivables Total: Previous Receivables Total +/- Today's Receivables.