How to add an insurance carrier to OrthoTrac.
Add the carrier through the OrthoTrac Software Carrier Lookup window.
NOTE: New carriers can also be added through the patient's chart in the responsible party information window and through the Carrier Maintenance window. However, assigning the new carrier to a patient can only be accomplished through the responsible party information window.
1. Select Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Carrier Maintenance from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. Click the Add New button. The following screen appears.
3. Enter the carrier name in the Carrier Name text box.
4. Press <Tab> on the keyboard.
NOTE: Use the <Tab> key to move to the next field throughout this process. There are certain fields, such as the Address, Employer, and the Phone fields which also require pressing the <Enter> key in order to open a window which allows information to be entered.
5. Enter the street address.
6. Enter the zip code in the Zip Code text box.
7. Select the appropriate city from the list of cities. If the city does not display in the list, click Add New, enter the city name and click OK.
8. Click OK.
9. Enter the phone number in the Phone text box.
10. Enter the phone extension in the Ext. text box.
11. Select the phone type from the Type drop-down box.
12. Click OK.
13. Enter the name of the person to contact at the carrier main office in the Contact text box.
14. Select the Language from the Language drop-down list.
15. Select the desired option from the Release drop-down box. The Release field refers to the authority to release patient dental information to the insurance company. The choices for this field are Signature on File and None.
16. Select the desired option from the Assign drop-down box. The Assign field pertains to assignment of benefits. The choices for this field are None, Signature on File, or Pay Patient Direct. The default is Signature on File.
17. Select the Employer from the OrthoTrac Office Employer Lookup list. If the employer is not in the list, click Add New to add the new employer. When the employer is already in the list, skip to step 31.
18. Enter the new employer name in the Employer text box.
19. Press the <Enter> key to enter the employer's phone number.
20. Select the country from the list.
21. Type the phone number in the Phone text box.
22. Enter the phone extension in the Ext. text box.
23. Press <Enter> on the keyboard.
24. Select the phone type from the Type drop-down box.
25. Click the OK button to save the phone number.
26. Press <Enter> on the keyboard to enter the employer address.
27. Click the OK button to save the employer address.
28. Select the employer's language from the Language drop down box.
29. Click the OK button in the Add New Employer window.
30. Select the employer that was just added from the OrthoTrac Software Employer Lookup window.
31. Click the OK button on the OrthoTrac Software Employer Lookup window.
32. Enter the deductible in the Deductible text box.
33. Enter the maximum amount the carrier will pay in the Max Amount text box.
34. Enter the group id in the Group ID text box.
NOTE: This field is required for electronic claims. If the carrier does not have a universal Group ID number, enter 999999 as a placeholder.
36. Enter the percentage in the Percentage text box.
37. Enter the maximum age that the carrier will pay in the Maximum Age text box.
38. Select how the claim will be processed from the Process Claim drop-down box. When the Process Claim is set to Manual, skip to step 46.
39. Enter the payer number in the Payer text box.
NOTE: This field is required for electronic claims. The Payer ID number for a carrier comes from a list provided by the Electronic Services department. If you do not have a copy of this list, please contact ES Support at 888-730-9284.
40. Enter the claims office number in the Claims Office text box.
NOTE: This field is required for electronic claims and should be entered as NOCD .
41. Select Yes or No from the Allow-Pre-Auth pull-down list.
42. Select the desired continuation of treatment option from the Continuation of Treatment drop down box.
NOTE: None = Carrier does not require continuation of treatment claims.
Range = Carrier accepts the date you select or the first day of the month.
Specific = Carrier requires the date on which the patient is seen in the office.
43. Select the desired Frequency for the continuation of treatment claim to be generated.
44. Enter the continuation of treatment override ADA code in the Cont Tx Override text box.
45. Select Yes or No from the Combine Description of Services pull-down box.
46. Enter a Comment, if desired.
47. Click on the OK button to save the carrier.
[[Article ID: 557ATL]]