Resetting a Patient Budget Plan
If an incorrect amount is entered while establishing a patient budget plan, it can be reset from within the patient budget plan options. Please note that if the patient budget plan is being terminated early and there is a remaining balance on the patient's budget plan, a code 48 in the amount of the remaining balance should be posted to the patient transactions in order to bring that balance back to the patient.
1. From the patient transactions, choose Patient Budget Plan from the express bar.
2. Select Reset Budget Plan from Options Menu.
3. Click Yes to confirm resetting the budget plan.
4. Close the patient budget plan window.
5. On the patient transactions, post code 40.xx for the “Balance to Bill” amount.
Please document the “Balance to Bill” and monthly payments. The “Balance to Bill” amount will become zero once “Reset Budget Plan” is selected.