Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at Dakota Hotel Eurocentral, Shawfoot Road, Motherwell, Lanarkshire, ML1 4WJ
Starts at 12:00 PM · Ends at 2:00 PM, EDT (America/New_York)
Exclusive to Carestream customers, we are hosting a series of FREE courses available to the whole team.
Understanding Dental X-ray Technology and the need to Minimise Patient Dose – Ernesto Jaconelli
· Explain how x-rays compare to other forms of common radiation.
· A brief history of the development of x-rays and their application to medical diagnostics.
· Explain how x-rays are produced with particular reference to dental x-ray systems.
· The effects of x-rays on the human body and their potential risks to health.
· The need to minimise the patient dose.
· How to keep patient dose to a minimum.
· How to optimise both patient and staff safety from exposure to x-rays within the dental practice.
· Where to find further information.
· Provide the participant with one hour of verifiable CPD.
- Ernesto Jaconelli
Mr at CarestreamErnesto Jaconelli has more than 40 years’ experience in the UK dental market working at Kodak Limited. He worked in several of the commercial departments of Kodak before joining the dental division in 2002. This department along with the Health Division of the Eastman Kodak Company was sold in 2007 when it became Carestream Dental providing a comprehensive range of digital and film imaging solutions to the trade. Ernesto’s prime role has been in sales and marketing, however he has also maintained a training role throughout his career. In dentistry Ernesto has provided training on the subject of “Understanding x-rays and the need to keep dose to a minimum” for the past 10 years giving presentations at dental exhibitions and trade seminars. He was a member of the British Dental Trade Association (now BDIA) Training Committee and participated in preparing the X-ray section of the training modules. Ernesto holds a BSc. in Chemistry as well as obtaining a Diploma in Administrative studies from Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.
Dakota Hotel Eurocentral, Shawfoot Road, Motherwell, Lanarkshire, ML1 4WJ