Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bob
Canine II

API for OrthoTrac?

Jump to solution

We have been looking for a customer support system (CRM) that will integrate with OrthoTrac and have not found any as of yet. Some systems offer open API that developers could use to create an integration, but I can't find any documentation on an OrthoTrac API. 

Is there an API that can be used?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: API for OrthoTrac?

Jump to solution

Good day  @Bob  (Dr. Hatheway?)

We do not have an API as such.  If you have a third party organization that is interested in becoming a partner with OrthoTrac, please have them reach out directly to the OrthoTrac Product Line Manager, Uriyah Robinson.  Uriyah's email address is uriyah.robinson@csdental.com   and I am tagging him in this response as well. 

@uriyahrobinson , please comment here if you have additional information to provide Bob. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
Bob
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi @prcarter

Thanks for getting back to me, even though I didn't get the answer I was hoping for. We are a small call center that recently opened to handle new patient bookings for several Canadian orthodontic clinics (currently we deal with 12 clinics, but that will be expanding to more than 30 over the next year or so). 

We currently handle all customer communication through Gmail, so each time we add a new office to our roster, communication becomes more complex, which means we need to find a scalable customer service system (CRM) that can integrate with OrthoTrac to bridge the gap between obtaining the patient information via the CRM and then transferring that information into OrthoTrac once they book an appointment. 

After reading your reply, the challenge we're facing now is that the CRMs we've been contacting all say the same thing: "We can integrate with OrthoTrac if they have an API", but you're saying "if the CRM wants to partner with us, ask them to reach out and we may be able to integrate with them".

So we're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place with nobody on either side of the gap able to take the first step toward building a bridge toward us in the middle. Are you aware of any other OrthoTrac customers who use a CRM or similar type of system to handle high volumes of communication with patients? It would be interesting to find out how they are able to handle the load.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day @Bob,

This is definitely something you would want to speak with Uriyah Robinson about. Please reach out to him directly at uriyah.robinson@csdental.com  and he should be able to supply the answers you require. 

@uriyahrobinson,  please be aware of Bob's questions. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
Bob
Canine II

Jump to solution
Thanks Phil! I just emailed Uriyah. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

@Bob,

Thanks for reaching out to us.   Who are some of the CRM vendors you all have reached out to?   I wish to get a sense of whether or not we have a relationship with them to figure out a potential solution to fit you all's needs...

This would be a great first start for me...

0 Kudos
Bob
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi Uriyah, 

Thanks for reaching out. I've reached out to AzureDesk, Groove, and Zendesk. +

My preference would be to work with Zendesk since I am already very familiar with their system (I used their system extensively when I worked for a previous company a couple years back), also Zendesk was the only one who seemed to be invested in acquiring us as customers - they were the only ones who asked me to schedule a phone call to find out more about our needs. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution
thanks Uriyah , I will add this to the list for analysis.
0 Kudos
Bob
Canine II

Jump to solution

Wondering if Uriyah is on vacation. He reached out to me via email 3 weeks ago today to request a conference call with myself and a few members of his team. I've replied 3 times since then asking him what date & time works best for him & his team, but I haven't received any messages from him since he first reached out to ask for the conference call. 

I would like to report back to my IT Director soon to let him know what our options are regarding integrating OrthoTrac with a CRM. 

0 Kudos