cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karenecalefdmd
Canine III

Alternative to Cadent/Itera lab

Our office is looking for an alternative to Cadent Orthocad models.  We have found Itera is not always responsive to changes requested on final models that came back incorrect.  We know there are labs out there to do cases.  However,

the ones we know of have software that is not integrated to OrthoTrac Patient Charting.  Does anyone know of another lab whose software is compatible with patient charting?    Or if you are using someone other than Cadent/Itera, who are they and how does their software work with your office case presentations, letters, etc.?

5 Replies

Re: Alternative to Cadent/Itera lab

Good day Kathy,

I see this question is really intended for the general community, but I am tagging nick​   (Nick Donnelly)  from our Imaging department in case Nick has any input to offer you.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

jamesonnick​ do you guys have any thoughts on this or know where we could get this question answered?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I converted the above mentioned request for clarification into a "discussion".  Thank you.

0 Kudos
swhitt
Canine II

Kathy,

As long as the models come back as a single file they can be attached to a visit in imaging.  Imaging support can help your office setup an object type for the models and it will open with the software provided by the company you select to use.  I will have to defer to other practices on who they use for digital models.  I know there are lots of choices now but do not know who offices are happy with.

drdpain
Canine II

We are using the CS 3600 intraoral scanner.  Because of the open platform, we easily export the STL files to our 3D printer (Formlabs) and generate an ideal model to fabricate the appliance.  Remember the accuracy will be much greater than an analog impression and a plaster model.