cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paularyfa
Premolar I

Auto payments

Jump to solution

Something I just noticed to bring to other's attention.  Auto payments will still run even if a patient has a zero $0.00 balance.  I had a family make additional payments to their account because they could.  It had recently been paid in full with zero balance but the auto payment still processed leaving the family with a credit balance.  It was easy enough to rectify (once I discovered it ), however, it is embarrassing.  It never occurred to me to delete the auto payments once the balance was zero $0.00.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Auto payments

Jump to solution

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ),

OrthoTrac will ask you if you want to remove the autopayments any time you perform a transaction on an account which causes the contract to be removed.  The only way the situation you described could have occurred is if the staffer who posted that transaction selected No to the question asking if you want to remove the contract, or if the staffer selected Yes to remove the contract but No to the question asking if you want to remove the autopayments. 

Below is a screenshot of the question you are asked if you post a payment which sets the remaining balance to a 0 and you select Yes to remove the contract.  This same question will be asked if you post a payment setting the balance to 0 on an account which HAS no contract, but has autopayments that were entered manually. 

Autopay 1.png

And below is a screenshot of the message which appears if you post a balance adjustment which sets the current balance equal to the total balance and select Yes when asked if you want to remove the contract:

Autopay 2.png

To avoid this in future, just make sure that when you are doing any transactions which remove the contract on the account, that you also select Yes when asked if you want to remove the autopayments, and when posting any payments setting the balance to 0 on accounts with NO contract that you also select Yes when asked if you want to remove the autopayments. 

On accounts which roll charges normally, the contracts are removed automatically when the last charge is rolled so there is no question asking you to remove the autopayments. In those cases the autopayments should have been entered to match the contract amounts so that after the last rolled charge, the last autopayment will post as well. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

paularyfa
Premolar I

Jump to solution

There was a small amount after the auto payments on the account of about 23 cents because of insurance etc.  I balance adjusted this to a zero balance and the next month the auto debit came through.  I understand I have to delete them, I just didn't know it would run the next month if the balance was now $0.00 (zero)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ),

If auto payments exist on an account, they will run on the dates specified, regardless of whether there is a balance or not.  This is the reason for the "Do you want to delete the auto payments?" question when you do an adjustment which sets the balance to 0 or removes the contract.  Just make sure to always answer Yes to that question and you will have no further issues. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos