cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranjbar
Canine II

Comment Color does not display in TX History

Jump to solution

It is important that the comment color shows in the treatment history to draw attention to different types of notes and alerts.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but currently the only time you can see comment color in the new treatment card is when you "view all".  And in "view all" you only see treatment entries NOT comment entries.  It would be nice to have the option of seeing comment entries OR not seeing comment entries.  (A click on/off feature) 
An example of the importance in our office of having comment color visible would be...If the Doctor has spoke to the patient's general DDS, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, etc. about an issue to be addressed at the patient's next appt, our office will make that comment in Dark Red which alerts the assistant to have the Doctor discuss this conversation with the patient.  

7 Replies

Re: Comment Color does not display in TX History

Jump to solution

Good day Kelly (ranjbar‌), 

Thanks for commenting on this!  You are correct in that any custom text (different fonts, different size text, or colored text) will not be displayed on the main Tx History screen.  This was a design choice made by Development in conjunction with the many offices that worked with us to help design the new Charting;  however, we have received a lot of feedback about this since the release of v14 and this design decision may be reversed in a future version.  For now, please see this knowledge page for more information:

OrthoTrac: Version 14 - Colors Not Showing on Main Treatment Notes / History Screen 

Regarding the comment-only entries not showing in the View All window, that too was a design decision made by Development to fit in line with the many requests we got to limit those listings to clinical entries only.  As with the color decision, though, we have received a lot of negative feedback about this design choice and so Development is looking at reworking this feature as well (most likely to add a checkbox in Charting Maintenance where you can turn "show comment only entries in View All" on or off as you choose).  

I am tagging uriyahrobinson‌  (OrthoTrac Product Line Manager) and r.alfieri‌ and jdickens‌   from the Development team to make sure they are aware of your feedback. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

paularyfa
Premolar I

Jump to solution

We changed back our charting to the previous version because of this, and also because of the limited view of entries (last ten vs all entries).  We went paperless when we launched onto Orthotrac Cloud.  I have to be able to see all clinical notes and all other entries.  I hope the new updates let us see all notes and use the color coding.

Jump to solution

Good day Paula (paularyfa‌),

As I said, Development is currently reviewing these decisions to determine how best to accommodate all of our customers. I am, however, re-tagging uriyahrobinson, r.alfieri and jdickens  to let them know of the additional comments on this thread. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you all for your input. We have received quite a bit of feedback around this missing functionality. We have resolved the color coding issue in the treatment history notes. The upcoming release will resolve this issue. r.alfieri‌. 

paularyfa
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Will the update let us see all treatment notes or just the past 10 notes?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Paula,

The design intent of the Treatment History Column is to allow the clinicians get quickly up to speed with the patient by having a glance at the past few appointments.  While the Treatment History Log under ‘view all’ gives a more comprehensive look at the patient’s treatment history. 

To answer your question, I believe it depends on how populated the treatment history is will determine how many history items are in the view.  r.alfieri 

- Jerry Dickens

Lead UX Designer | Orthotrac 

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar I

Jump to solution

We reverted to the old card because of some of these issues.  We are paperless.  We will need to see all notes, rather than just the most recent 10.  Is  this something we can customize to see all notes?

0 Kudos