cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drpayne
Canine II

Creating chartless tx plans

Jump to solution

I am a new chartless user and we are creating new treatment plans. Do you enter every procedure that is used in the office ie... impression IDB, seps, upper schwartz, lower Schwartz? We have started entering steps and then realizing that each patient is unique in their steps, but when I try to modify the original step it will ask if I want to create a new step or change all other steps associated.

How many steps have other offices created? We have over 100 procedure codes. Should I just enter each code as a new step, then they will all be available for me once I am creating a new treatment plan?

Thanks,

Casandra

Payne Orthodontics

0 Kudos
2 Replies
smileart
Canine III

Re: Creating chartless tx plans

Jump to solution

I had this issue also, and found it more tiresome than useful to havethe Tx plan tab. Maybe I am not using it correctly? Anyway, I jusy made my own tx plan and sequencing in a questionnaire, and this is done for each patient. Same questionnaire has exam findings, diagnosis, Tx plan, cost, etc. If you want only Tx plan you can make one just for that. This worked for us but of course may not be the best solution for all.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Creating chartless tx plans

Jump to solution

Cassandra and Monica,

Most of the work is in initially creating the Tx plan and being sure to add ALL the steps for that specific Tx plan. You DO want to add EVERY step, from the very first visit after initial exam and/or records to the very last retention appointment.

You only need to create as many Tx plans as you have available for your patients. IE: Tx plan for a patient who needs an expander, Tx plan for a patient who does not need an expander, Tx plan for Phase I, and Tx plan for a limited case, etc.

When it comes time to modify/edit an individual step, you can do that once the Tx plan has been assigned to the patient and activated.

There is also a short recorded class in the Carestream Dental Institute on the Tx Plan module. Listed under Orthotrac in the Course Catalog, under Learning Plan #3 OrthoTrac Software: *New Employee: 301 Advanced Administrative Training.#4 OrthoTrac: Working with Treatment Plans Recorded Class. 

I hope this is helpful. Please post any additional questions to this thread and I will be sure to respond. Thank you