cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Re: Credit Card Processing Fees

I've  worked with a company for many years that has great customer service, an easy to use website, good reporting and consistently low fees.  No main terminal, just a swipe wedge on all computers you want to take payments on. While they don't integrate directly with Orthotrac, they were able to import from our existing active patient base to minimize the set up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Do you just update the ledger with a misc payment to account for the credit card sale?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Hey, thanks for the question! Every morning we go into the site and prompt the automatic payments for the day. The report tells us immediately if credit cards authorize or decline. The report has the patient name, patient number and the amount of their payment. We just go down the list and post those payments to Orthotrac as a credit card payment. If an automatic payment declines we just make a note on the patient financial ledger. They also manage the few patient ACH bank account drafts we have for monthly automatic payments. Daily payments that come up for initial treatment fees, retainer fees or whatever can be done on any computer as it is an internet based site. We have wedge swipe devices that connect via USB at the computers that need to take payments i.e –our front desk scheduling computers, my financial computer and the treatment coordinators computers. Anywhere its needed. You can have as many individual passwords to get into the system as you need. We just have 2 –mine as the administrator and one for the other staff that uses it. This keeps track of who processes what. Only 2 of us post the credit card/ACH payments. At the end of the day we print out the reconcile report from the system, check the Orthotrac daysheet before we end the day to make sure the totals charges and posted match and then we end the day. The next day we receive an emailed depost slip that we pass on to the bookkeeper to enter into our accounting system (Quickbooks). We are in control of everything but should we run into any snag (rarely), the customer service is great and can get me taken care of quickly. I have worked with this company since 1994 (they have evolved to where they are today) for all our automatic monthly payments as well as random daily ones. Great comparable rates!

Sorry to write a novel 😃 hope this answers any other questions you may have!

Sheri Tilley

0 Kudos