Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paularyfa
Premolar II

Credit Card processing from insurance company

Jump to solution

We use E services.  I was told that the only way I can post a credit card payment from an insurance company is to post it to the responsible party and then transfer it over to the insurance portion. 

Naturally, that will affect the current due portion on the patient's account.

Is this correct?  Are you working to fix this in an update?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Credit Card processing from insurance company

Jump to solution

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ), 

I am tagging Matt Czarick ( @mczar )  from the E-Services team to have him respond to this. As far as I know, what you have been told previously is accurate. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
bracemom35
Canine III

Jump to solution

We post the credit card as a card and put the information of the card information as the patients information, before you post it, put a zero in the patient amount and it will change it over to the insurance account. then you can post it.

Jump to solution

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ), 

Our clients who do not use E-Services can post payments to insurance by simply entering 0 in the Patient field, which will move the amount to the Insurance field.  In the past there has been some confusion among clients who use our E-Services because of the Credit Card Authorization window that appears after entering the payment amount.  After talking with Matt Czarick from E-Services I have found that you can still post CC payments for insurance companies if you use our E-Services.  Here are the steps:

1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Financial Functions, Payments.
2. Select the patient from the OrthoTrac Software Patient Look-up window.
3. Click OK. The correct insurance should be displayed in the Ins. Plan drop-down box at the top of the screen. If the correct insurance is not displayed, select the carrier from the drop-down list.
4. Select the Credit Card option.
5. Press <Tab>.
6. Enter the credit card number as the reference. If the entire card number is typed, the card number will be displayed in the patient's ledger. To avoid this, do not use the entire credit card number.
7. Press <Tab>.
8. Enter the amount of the payment.
9. Press <Tab> to access the Credit Card Processing Charge Authorization screen. At this point, you have the option of either swiping the card, typing in the card number or clicking the Last button if you have charged a card to this account before.
10. Click the Submit button and your system will connect to the bank and obtain an approval.
11. Click OK, and print the receipt.
12. Once you get back to the Financial Functions screen, the payment amount should be highlighted in the Patient column. Type in 0 and press <Tab>. This will move the amount to the Insurance column. Click the Post Transactions button to post the transaction to the insurance ledger.

Clients who are not using our E-Services will go directly from step 8 to step 12 (enter the amount of the payment, then Tab directly to the Patient column and set the amount to 0 in that column).  

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations