Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
carolynsouthwor
Canine II

Current Adjustments Staff

Jump to solution

Is there a security setting so you can allow a staff member to make current adjustments and NOT total adjustments?  I would like to separate the authority to do one but not the other.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Current Adjustments Staff

Jump to solution

Good day Carolyn ( @carolynsouthwor ), 

Unfortunately, no.  OrthoTrac's Security Maintenance allows you to restrict or allow *all* balance adjustments, but cannot be configured specifically enough to subdivide whether or not that user has the ability to perform total-and-current, total-only or current-only adjustments.  

If you do decide you want to restrict a staff member from performing *all* balance adjustments, that setting is found under Maintenance/Setup, Security, By Staff.  Select the staff member, then click the "Financials" radio button and set "Balance Adjustment" to No.  The user will then need to log off and back on before the change takes effect. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
carolynsouthwor
Canine II

Jump to solution

Can this be an suggestion made to future updates.  I think it's very important in preventing fraud!  Allowing current adjustments is easily tracked and corrected so staff members can complete.  Total adjustments allow for fraud and simply shouldn't be easily delegated.  

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Carolyn ( @carolynsouthwor  ),

In future, may I suggest that you post your enhancement requests in the new Product Ideas section of our site?

The Product Ideas section can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community.

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos