cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwhtara
Canine III

Deleting Responsible Party with Insurance

Is there any way to delete a responsible party that has ins listed. We have a few that were added mistakenly

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hwhtara here is the solution I mentioned receiving from the escalations team. Let me know if further assistance is needed after you review or try this. 

NOTE:
  Responsible parties and Insurance Carriers that have ledger activity cannot be deleted. If they have had any type of ledger activity, the responsible party can be ranked with a zero on the Patient Information screen.

To remove a responsible party that has not had any ledger activity,

1.  From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions > Patient Chart > Patient Information.

2.  Select the patient from the OrthoTrac Software Patient Look-Up window and click OK

3.  Select the responsible party from the list of family members and click Remove

4.  When the Remove Patient message box is displayed, click Yes.

5.  When the message, Responsible Party Link has been removed displays, click OK.

**If the message, "This is the only responsible party set up to bring the patient to their appointment. Please set up a responsible party that brings the patient to their appointment", is displayed, click OK and set a responsible party to bring the patient to the appointment.

**If the message, "You can't REMOVE this Responsible Party. There is insurance attached", is displayed, click OK and remove the insurance from the responsible party.

**If the message, "You can't remove this Responsible Party totals exist. You can change the responsible party to not be responsible", is displayed, click OK and change the responsible party to not be financially responsible.

0 Kudos
hwhtara
Canine III

No reply, this was 2 months ago. What is the point of the care stream exchange if you do not monitor it and take months to post an empty response? 

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hwhtara  apologies again that your original post was missed and we appreciate your patience. When posts go unanswered by the community (some customers like to respond with answers or tips as well) the moderators tag someone from support or training to assist. Unfortunately, this post got lost in the mix of having someone tagged in it to assist after it went unanswered, and I wasn't sure if you had possibly called support in the meantime to get the answer. I did just reach out to escalations to get an answer for you and will respond to the original post with the answer. Let me know if any further assistance is needed.

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @hwhtara, I apologize that this was missed. Let me know if you haven't gotten an answer for this and I can tag a few people that may know. 

0 Kudos