Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

Deleting an appointment code in schedule maintenance- OT

Jump to solution

Hello-

I am trying to delete an appointment code, but it won't allow me as it says " One or more active days or standards have been loaded with the appointment type (lists appt type).  It cannot be removed!"

In transferring to digital charting, we have had to consolidate some of our previously existing appointment codes and with the code as listed, I cannot see any current appointments (scheduled or templated) that use the code.  I have tried renaming it, but that didn't work.  I have tried printing off reports for scheduled appointments and available appointments, and don't have anything come up.  Is it because there were appointments attached to this appointment code in the past, even though the code has now been renamed, that I can no longer delete it? Is there a way that I can delete it? Any help to get rid of this extra duplicate code would be helpful.  (It is a duplicate since we consolidated some codes so we only have a patient coming in for one scheduled appointment instead of 2 as we did previous to digital charting.)

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Deleting an appointment code in schedule maintenance- OT

Jump to solution

Good day Jennifer ( @EROrtho ),

Deleting an appointment type can only be done if the appointment type is not loaded on the calendar as a current or previously scheduled appointment, or is an unscheduled appointment blockout on existing schedule standards or calendar days.  To determine where an Appointment Type has been used perform the following:

1. From the main OrthoTrac menu, click Reports > Schedule > Scheduled Appointments
    prcarter_0-1602681023852.png

2. Enter Start Date far in the past (1/1/1900).
  3. Enter End Date far in the future (1/1/2070) to be sure the appointment is found.
  4. Uncheck Include All Types.
  5. From the list of available schedule Appointment Types, highlight the applicable Appointment Type.
  6. Select the Sort By and Schedule Office options you want to use, or leave as default.
  7. Click Print and select the applicable printer options to print (or Print Preview) the report.
  8. Repeat this process for the Available Appointment report:  from the  main OrthoTrac menu, click Reports > Schedule > Available Appointments  for the appointment type.  Use starting dates far in the past (1/1/1900) and ending dates far in the future (1/1/2050) to be sure the appointment is found.
  9. Delete all days from the past that are found for either report, using the "Remove Days" function in Schedule Maintenance. The days will be removed completely from the schedule. 
  10. For days in the future found for either report, the days will need to be modified to remove the appointment type. For scheduled appointments for that type, they will need to be cancelled and rescheduled with a different type.  For instances where the type is found but no appointment is scheduled in that slot yet, the schedule day will need to be edited to remove the appt type pre-block.
  11. Check all existing schedule standards to make sure that the appointment type does not exist on any of the standards. If it does, remove the appointment type pre-block.
If all of these things are checked and you are still unable to remove the appointment type, please contact Support directly and we can run SQL queries to determine where in the system the type is linked in error and correct the problem. 

Regards,
Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day Jennifer ( @EROrtho ),

I will give you a call shortly to discuss.   [[EDIT:  I tried to reach your office and got VM indicating your practice is closed for the weekend.  I will reach out to you on Monday October 19th.]]

Regards,

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day Jennifer ( @EROrtho ),

Deleting an appointment type can only be done if the appointment type is not loaded on the calendar as a current or previously scheduled appointment, or is an unscheduled appointment blockout on existing schedule standards or calendar days.  To determine where an Appointment Type has been used perform the following:

1. From the main OrthoTrac menu, click Reports > Schedule > Scheduled Appointments
    prcarter_0-1602681023852.png

2. Enter Start Date far in the past (1/1/1900).
  3. Enter End Date far in the future (1/1/2070) to be sure the appointment is found.
  4. Uncheck Include All Types.
  5. From the list of available schedule Appointment Types, highlight the applicable Appointment Type.
  6. Select the Sort By and Schedule Office options you want to use, or leave as default.
  7. Click Print and select the applicable printer options to print (or Print Preview) the report.
  8. Repeat this process for the Available Appointment report:  from the  main OrthoTrac menu, click Reports > Schedule > Available Appointments  for the appointment type.  Use starting dates far in the past (1/1/1900) and ending dates far in the future (1/1/2050) to be sure the appointment is found.
  9. Delete all days from the past that are found for either report, using the "Remove Days" function in Schedule Maintenance. The days will be removed completely from the schedule. 
  10. For days in the future found for either report, the days will need to be modified to remove the appointment type. For scheduled appointments for that type, they will need to be cancelled and rescheduled with a different type.  For instances where the type is found but no appointment is scheduled in that slot yet, the schedule day will need to be edited to remove the appt type pre-block.
  11. Check all existing schedule standards to make sure that the appointment type does not exist on any of the standards. If it does, remove the appointment type pre-block.
If all of these things are checked and you are still unable to remove the appointment type, please contact Support directly and we can run SQL queries to determine where in the system the type is linked in error and correct the problem. 

Regards,

Highlighted
Canine III

Jump to solution

I understand all those steps.  I did that but didn't go back all the way in history.  In order to not have the code show up in the list when we determined we liked the new code better, the old one was renamed "--" just to get it out of the other codes in the list.  It will now not bring up any appointments because it was never used as the "--" for any appointment.  That was part of our issue- we took two appointment codes and consolidated them into one and just changed the parameters of that appointment code (ie. instead of having 2 appointments one a Pano and one a Retie 4- Pano/RT4, we now just use the RT4 to combine those two appointments).  The issue is that now the doctors just want a regular RT4 appointment without the Pano to be available, so we had to rename the 40 minute retie something else.  It was determined RTD (Retie- Detail) would be used.  When searching through the codes, it wasn't seen that a RTD4 was already listed (and not used in recent memory), but when I tried to delete the RTD4, it wouldn't let me.  Now both codes have been used, but we only want one.  I tried to change the RTD4 to "--" to try to get rid of it so that both codes weren't being presently used.  But now, with the "--" code, nothing comes up and it still won't let me delete it.  I don't know how far back the RTD4 code was used, but if it was used, it wasn't very often. And it may have been an old code that was just renamed itself, but I am not sure how to go about tracking it's history.  

Does this mean I need to call in to get it resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day Jennifer ( @EROrtho ),

I will give you a call shortly to discuss.   [[EDIT:  I tried to reach your office and got VM indicating your practice is closed for the weekend.  I will reach out to you on Monday October 19th.]]

Regards,

Highlighted
Canine III

Jump to solution
Phil,
Thank you for your prompt response. I apologize, but I was given a message with your number and email, but have misplaced it. I am in the office today and should be fairly flexible on time to be able to talk to you. Please feel free to give me a call when you are able. Thanks, Jennifer
0 Kudos