Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snowbird585
Canine II

Document Scanner Recommendations

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Our office is in the market for a new document scanner.  We are currently working with version 11.5.1 for imaging and version 12.4.2.14 Orthotrac(yes, we are a bit behind!).  I am wondering what document scanner you would recommend to be compatible with Orthotrac?

Thank you! 🙂 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prcarter

Re: Document Scanner Recommendations

Jump to solution

Good afternoon Amy ( @Snowbird585 ), 

Document scanning is done through Imaging. I would normally recommend that you contact the Imaging Support team but I happen to know the answer to this question since it is one they get frequently. They do not recommend any specific scanner for use with Imaging as the number of different products available is always changing and keeping such a list would be an exercise in futility. 

The only requirement for the scanner to work with Imaging is that the scanner have proper TWAIN driver support.  Check with the manufacturer of whatever scanner you are considering to confirm whether it has proper TWAIN support; as long as it has TWAIN support, then the scanner will work fine with Imaging. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

2 Replies
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good afternoon Amy ( @Snowbird585 ), 

Document scanning is done through Imaging. I would normally recommend that you contact the Imaging Support team but I happen to know the answer to this question since it is one they get frequently. They do not recommend any specific scanner for use with Imaging as the number of different products available is always changing and keeping such a list would be an exercise in futility. 

The only requirement for the scanner to work with Imaging is that the scanner have proper TWAIN driver support.  Check with the manufacturer of whatever scanner you are considering to confirm whether it has proper TWAIN support; as long as it has TWAIN support, then the scanner will work fine with Imaging. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

Braces2021
Incisor I

Jump to solution

We use epson scanner and I use my Xerox printer as well in some offices. 

0 Kudos