cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodiemwong
Canine II

Exporting reports from OrthoTrac to Excel

I am trying to export Ledger Scans into Excel.  It looks like it can export a csv. file? I have never been successful at exporting and opening it though.  I have called the help line to see if they could help me but they said they don't support Microsoft Office 16 but this really should not be a factor in exporting and opening an excel file.  Can someone please help me?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Exporting reports from OrthoTrac to Excel

Good day Jodie (jodiemwong),

I am not sure why you have had issues with exporting a CSV file from Orthotrac.  The procedure is fairly straightforward but I am providing the steps below:

1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Reports, Financial, Ledger Scan.

2. Select the report options from the Ledger Scan window.

3. Select the date range for the report.

4. Click OK.

5. Click Export Contents on the print options window.

[[NOTE: Because you are on Cloud, if you want to save the file to your local computer, you will first need to select the correct drive from the drop-down menu at the top.  To select your local computer's C:\  drive, select the C$ (\\Client) (VSmiley Happy  drive from the drive listing, as shown below.  You can then specify which folder you want the file to be saved in, such as \Users\[your username]\Desktop\   to save it to your desktop.]]

6. Enter a name for the file in the File Name text box.

7. Verify that the Files of Type is set to Comma Separated [*.csv] file type.

8. Click Open.

9. Click OK to save the report.

Once you save the file, you should be able to open it with any version of Excel (we provide Excel 2010 with your Cloud setup, but if you wish to open it with Office 2016 installed locally on your PC, there should be no reason you can't open it with that as well). 

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
jodiemwong
Canine II

Thank You!  I was able to export using your instructions.  

I had called the help desk and they remoted in to my computer and told me it was not possible.    

0 Kudos

Hi Jodie (jodiemwong‌),

Great, I'm glad this worked for you this time around.

You have my apologies for the incorrect info you were given.  The rep you spoke with is one of our newest representatives and is not yet familiar with all of the intricacies of the Cloud environment.  We are working on getting them up to speed as quickly as possible and will use your comments to help out with that. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos