cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac? -- Part 2

Good day Dr. Wilde (mjw‌),

We have had many offices request additional reporting options but it is rare that they provide actual specifics.  You raise excellent points and I will be sure to tag uriyahrobinson‌ and r.alfieri‌   to make sure they are aware of your suggestion.

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
smileart
Canine III

Hi, I would like to chime in with this same issue. When a patient with 2 financially RPs is being checked out, the financial screen that displays at checkout, by default, will display the "Primary" RP. On the right side, under "Totals" the "Total Balance" reflects the balance of that RP plus insurance. It definitely does not reflect the 2nd RP balance under "Total Balance" on this screen. If you click on the actual ledger, then the "Total" there under View by Patient does display the actual total. Problem is that this is not an automatic thing that the checkout person would be doing on each patient. So in other words, if there is a balance and the Primary RP balance is "0" but the Secondary RP bal is "whatever", it will display as "0" (plus any ins bal).

I had given a suggestion in the old forum on how we feel this screen can be improved. The Total Balance at the top needs to be total of all RP. 

The payment section should really have separation for each RP (max of 2). If there is only one Fin resp party, the 2nd need not display for that patient. 

If this is too much to code, then maybe an easy fix would be that in any patient who has more than one financially RP listed, when posting pmt, a pop-up should appear confirming that pmt is to that party. For ex,

Please confirm RP: Jane Doe

John Doe

Similarly, if a patient does have 2 active insurances (again, this should really be VERY rare, and in most cases a front desk error), then pop up name of ins company on which to post pmt. Example:

Please confirm: Metlife (Employer name)

Cigna (Employer name)

This is important because if a pt gets new ins, and it is added but the adder forgets to inactivate old one, then payments will continue posting on old one if not paying attention. If this pops up, it will also remind the front desk or whoever is posting pmt, to update the ins information for this patient.

Related, but not financial function: is there any way when we change the ins information on a RP, can there be a pop up that asks if we also want to update it for all siblings on file? And then when we open the chart of a sibling, can there be a one time pop up or indication of some sort that ins info was automatically updated from sib chart?

smileart
Canine III

Hi, we do use the Z, with the following additional clarifications:

ZZ: fake patients like Jane Doe:  eg ZZ Doe

ZY: Inactive patients: eg ZY Smith

ZX: Case complete: eg ZX John

0 Kudos
smileart
Canine III

Please add an option for the Questionnaires to NOT Auto save. The default can be Autosave, but when setting up a questionnaire, PLEASE add an option to check if that particular questionnaire does not need to be autosaved. This is a request I have made multiple times before, not a major change but would be very helpful to have this option. We use a lot of questionnaires and have to keep going into tracking to delete them as they are not needed for patient record, and the list of saved documents in imaging becomes unreasonable if we do not delete them. We also update the questionnaires a lot and same thing, I understand some need to be saved but I should have a choice which one. Thanks!

vtortho
Canine II

Wave software allows you to add a template over an existing day keeping scheduled appointments without deleting the existing appointments. It simply doesn't overlay the new template over existing appointments. With Orthotrac you would just "zoom" in and adjust your template around existing patients. It can be done! This is one reason we are considering making a software move as changing a day in the schedule is very time consuming but it doesn't have to be. 

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Teredesai (smileart‌),

[Also tagging paularyfa‌  since she brought this up originally]

Thank you very much for providing the additional detail I needed to confirm this.  You are correct -- that screen (the Charges and Payments screen)  shows a balance in the Total Balance field which reflects the total balance for the currently selected responsible party combined with the total insurance balance.  This is by design, but it does seem as if it ought to be redesigned, given that the Totals tab does already display total insurance balance for ALL insurances attached, and not just the insurances that are attached to the RP you currently have selected.   I will have this written up as a design flaw for correction in a future version of OT. 

We do already have a pop-up on that screen asking you to confirm that the payment you are posting will update the balance for the specific RP you have selected:

Similarly, there is already a "please confirm" popup when posting a payment for an insurance when there are multiples attached:

Regarding your suggestions about auto-updating insurance information, I will make sure they are passed on to Development.  Tagging uriyahrobinson‌ and r.alfieri‌ . 

Regards,

0 Kudos

Good day Dalyn (vtortho‌),

As I've said, programmatically this would be difficult to implement with the way OT currently handles appointments. This would likely require a rewrite of the scheduling module from the ground up.  I will be happy to make sure that your comments are seen by Management regardless. Thanks for the feedback!

Tagging uriyahrobinson‌, r.alfieri‌ , jdickens‌  . 

Regards,

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Teredesai (smileart‌), 

Do keep in mind that if the questionnaire display in Tracking is annoying, you can turn it off there -- simply click the "Display Options" link on any patient's Tracking screen and then uncheck the box for "Questionnaires".  Completed questionnaires will then not display on that patient's tracking screen.  You can then still view them by going to the patient's Word Processing screen. 

However, your point is well taken -- if you don't want to save the results for a particular questionnaire, you should be able to not do so -- and I will make sure it's seen by management. 

Tagging uriyahrobinson‌, r.alfieri‌,  jdickens‌  . 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
smileart
Canine III

Thanks, it is not in the tracking display that it is an issue, it is under "Documents" in Imaging where all letters and executed questionnaires and their updates get saved. I also believe these get backed up, not sure if it all adds up to how much data we are backing up? But would appreciate an option for it to be optional

0 Kudos
smileart
Canine III

Also, we really like the new Recall lists. The notes section is great. However, we noticed some little glitches (or maybe it was planned) that even the Orthotrac support was not aware of/able to help us with. We figured out by trial and error.

So the new recall list allow us to add a "note" and save it which is great. However, we found that our notes were disappearing, and no one could tell us why. Support kept telling me maybe the staff is not hitting the save button. Here is the actual issue: When you change the Recall in any way (if you change the "comment" in the actual recall or change the recall), it will not save any "notes" that were made on the original recall (Please note that "comments" and "notes" are two different things in the new recall system). We used to change the "comments" in the Recalls all the time in the old version, so out of habit we continued, and found that the "notes" we made did not save or disappeared. Not sure if this is intentional? When we change the "comment" it actually changes the "Recall" I guess, so it assumes this is a new recall and not the old one. I am putting this here in case others have this issue and have not figured it out. We have now decided not to change the "comments" in the recall and only update the "notes" on the Recall each time we follow up. However, if we could change the comment and still keep the notes, would be ideal.

0 Kudos