cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leliee0326
Canine II

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

You can use these as immediate responses, but I do wish there were a few more features with the task assignments/to-do's

claudiamiz
Canine II

that's not really what i am looking for

thanks 

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hello claudiamiz‌,

With regard to intra-office communications, many of our customers are using BlueNote http://www.bluenotesoftware.com/  We have no relationship with this company, but our customers really like it.  

I hope this helps.

Jeff

Good day Claudia (claudiamiz‌),

Addressing your comments in order:

1.  As leliee0326‌  mentioned, you can edit blockouts on existing schedule days in Zoom mode.  You can drag the mouse to highlight whichever rows or columns you want to block out and all of the area selected will be set to blocked out.  For more information, please see the knowledge article How to Change the Color, Code and Open or Block Timeslots on a Single Day that is Already Loaded on ....

2.  This request has been made previously but it presents many issues from a programmatic standpoint, which is why it has not been added to Orthotrac as a feature.  However, Support is able to add time to the end or beginning of existing schedule days using SQL database queries, so if you need this done for a particular day on your schedule, just contact Support at 866-722-2567 or OrthotracSupport@carestream.com   and let us know.

3.  If you are using Outlook to send your emails, they can be added to Patient Tracking through the use of our optional add-in.  Please see the knowledge article Configuring Email Add-in for Patient Tracking  for more information.  If you need assistance setting up the tracking add-in, please contact Support at 866-722-2567 or OrthotracSupport@carestream.com   and let us know.

4.  Orthotrac does support pop up messages in several areas of the software, but I'm not quite sure what sort of pop ups you mean.  Patient alerts regarding their medical conditions?  Warnings that the patient should not be allowed to check in because they owe you money?  Alerts that the patient has not signed a HIPAA acknowledgement?  Please provide a little more info about what sort of popups you mean.   Most popups will be visible on all workstations because the system has no way of knowing where in the office a particular workstation is being used.  The exception is check-in messages that prevent patients from checking in for various reasons;  in these cases a generic "Unable to check you in, please see the receptionist"  is displayed on the check-in workstation. 

5:  Orthotrac does not currently have real-time instant messaging and it's fairly unlikely that such a feature would be added anytime soon as the development resources required to create such an add-in would be prohibitive.  There are a number of applications, many of them free of charge, which already adequately address this need.  I saw that our PLM jeffrey.urkevich‌   suggested BlueNote as an alternative your office may want to look into.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

durangoleah
Canine II

The way a label is printed is very inefficient. If we could at least print more than one label at a time that would be helpful. We print two chart labels for every patient and having to sit and wait for the first one to print and then print a second is very time consuming.

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Electronic EOB's and Postings for insurance, especially for MetLife

0 Kudos
roberta.ritucci
Canine II

A nice enhancement would be to add the e-mail address wherever a Dr.'s address and phone number are displayed such as in the patient info. screen (pt's Dr, Referred to, Referred by) so that you can initiate correspondence directly from this screen.

Good day Dr. Ritucci (roberta.ritucci‌),

This is an excellent suggestion and I believe it has been made previously.  I believe the only thing keeping us from making an immediate addition is the fact that it would require redesigning the amount of space to display the doctor information on those screens.  I am tagging the Orthotrac PLM Jeffrey Urkevich (jeffrey.urkevich‌) to make sure he is aware of the suggestion nevertheless.

Regards,

roberta.ritucci
Canine II

Hi again,

A few more suggestions for improving the program:

1) allow more characters to be added in label sections of charting (ie. if Archwire is used as a label the character count is limited but the field is pretty wide)

2) When e-mailing a pan, photo etc. from within imaging have a pop up that asks to whom (dentist, RP etc) that will auto populate the "to address" in Outlook from the e-mail database within OT.

3) Improve employer lookup from within an insurance form. If I'm looking for Targ it will bring up all employers that begin with g.

4) Add more types  Write-Off, Discounts

5) Tooth charts that are in the questionnaire section: needs macro buttons such as select all, clear all, customizable one where you can select what teeth get "x".

I'll have more, when I get more time.

Good day Leah (durangoleah‌),

This is a useful suggestion and I will make sure our Orthotrac PLM jeffrey.urkevich‌  sees it!  Thanks.

Regards,