cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Good day Dr. Ritucci  (roberta.ritucci‌),

In response to your latest suggestions:

1.  Currently the field label is limited to 11 characters and the individual listings for each item in the pull-down are limited to 10 characters  (the labels and the individual line items are both configurable under Maintenance/Setup, Charting Maintenance, in the Data Combo lines 1-4).  I believe the hard character limit was due to a programmatic limitation but I will make sure Development sees this suggestion nevertheless.

2.  This may not be possible due to the way Imaging sends function calls to the email program  (it is done differently from the way Orthotrac itself calls the email function);  however, I will make sure Development sees this suggestion. 

3.  We generally assume that the correct insurance carrier/employer will already have been chosen and attached to the policyholder / responsible party before a claim is ever created (creating a claim, as you know, asks you to select the policyholder and their insurance if there is more than one attached to the RP, or will auto-create with the single insurance if there is only one), so the carrier lookup function from within the claim itself was added as more of an afterthought  (usually used for "Other Coverage" only).  At present the lookup does only use the most recently typed character for the search, but it might be possible to change this.  Thank you for the suggestion.

4.  Additional payment / transaction types is definitely something many other practices have requested and it is in development.

5.  This is another good suggestion and I will make sure Development is aware.

Tagging jeffrey.urkevich‌  , the Orthotrac PLM, to ensure he sees this.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
roberta.ritucci
Canine II

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response. Regarding your reply for item 3, the problem is when you have 2 responsible parties who both have insurance. It's easier to copy the initial claim and then swap responsible parties but when you do this the employer does not follow the RP.

Thanks,

Dr. Ritucci

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Ritucci (roberta.ritucci‌),

If you're referring to the fact that when you change the RP on an existing claim, the carrier and employer do not change to the carrier/employer you selected but instead remain as the originally selected carrier/employer, you will be pleased to hear this is actually a known DF which has been previously reported and will be addressed in a future version of Orthotrac.

Regards,

roberta.ritucci
Canine II

Hi again,

Yes, that's it exactly!

Have a good day!

Dr. Robert Ritucci

Good Morning!

Is there any way to add addtional colors to the scheduling?? We have used all the options of pink, red, teal, blue, yellow, green, and purple. Or is there any chance Orthotrac will be making this an added feature?

Thanks for your time!

~Holli

Good day Holli (roseorthodontics‌),

Regrettably, the colors available in Schedule Maintenance are limited to the ones you've mentioned (dark green, light green, blue-green, light blue, dark blue, dark red, light red, purple, pink, dark yellow, and light yellow).  I believe that these specific colors were chosen because they are easily distinguishable from each other;  if we start adding additional shades of red, green, etc., then we will probably start seeing readability issues.  It might be possible to add a dark gray, black, and white as three additional colors so I am tagging the Orthotrac PLM, jeffrey.urkevich‌, to make sure he's aware of the suggestion.

Regards,

0 Kudos
gwyn
Canine III

It would be great if we could put in more than one credit card in auto payments under the same contract. Often we have divorced parents who only want one contract but who split the payments. The often do not tell us of the arrangement until the contract has already been entered. Any chance this could be added soon.

Highlighted
gwyn
Canine III

The front desk would also like to be able to tell a parent if the child has an auto payment and the last 4 digits of the card so that parent can tell if it is their flex that is out of money. We do not want the front desk to edit or change the auto payment but we would like a view only mode for that drop down button.

mczar
Premolar I

Gwyn,

Many offices have added a second responsible party in this case and added a second auto-payment for the same patient.  So mom and dad would both be responsible parties with their own auto-payment set up using their respective credit cards.

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group

Good day Gwyn (gwyn@clinebellortho.com),

Please see Matt Czarick's response, above, to your first inquiry.  In response to your second suggestion (a View Only mode for autopayments), I am tagging the Orthotrac PLM, jeffrey.urkevich‌, to make sure he is aware of your suggestion.  Thanks!

Regards,

0 Kudos