cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

I would LOVE to be able to print a medical claim in OT.  We do alot of surgical cases (orthognathic, cleft lip/palate, and TMJ splints) and I am always asked by the patient to bill their medical insurance. The majority of insurance companies won't accept a dental claim form for medically necessary orthodontic treatment.

Also, it would be great if the "Personal To Do Items" had an option for a recurring item.  Maybe a field that called for a # of days (7 could be entered if the item was weekly, 30 for monthly, 365 for annually) as well as an option for "monthly on same date" for those things that would always be on the 1st of the month or the last day of the month.  

Highlighted

Good day Debra (livinglifesmiling‌),

In the past we have not had sufficient demand from our clients for a medical claims feature to be added to Orthotrac.  If enough people agree with this suggestion then it may be added, but as of right now I don't believe that's on any kind of timeline.  Thanks for the suggestion nevertheless.

Your ToDo list suggestion is an excellent one; it would be very useful to be able to set up recurring tasks.  Thanks for passing that along as well!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

"...I would LOVE to be able to print a medical claim in OT.  We do alot of surgical cases (orthognathic, cleft lip/palate, and TMJ splints) and I am always asked by the patient to bill their medical insurance. The majority of insurance companies won't accept a dental claim form for medically necessary orthodontic treatment...."

I agree! Last year we had two patients come in for consults, both were orthognathic cases with isn't an issue since the surgery was going to be handled through an oral surgeon but the patients went with a different orthodontist because their medical insurance would have covered 90% of the orthodontic treatment fee because we couldn't submit a medical claim form. I recently had to refer my own niece to a different orthodontic provider for the same reason.  If there was a way to pick which type of claim we are submitting (medical/dental) when creating a claim that would be great. I would assume that the oral surgeons who use Carestream software have this ability because Oral Surgeons routinely submit claims to medical insurance companies.

"...Also, it would be great if the "Personal To Do Items" had an option for a recurring item.  Maybe a field that called for a # of days (7 could be entered if the item was weekly, 30 for monthly, 365 for annually) as well as an option for "monthly on same date" for those things that would always be on the 1st of the month or the last day of the month. "

I also agree here. The other thing about the "Personal To Do Items" that is my pet peeve is that a couple of updates ago it used to be that whomever is signed in on the workstation was the default person it assigned the task to. Now it doesn't and it defaults to whoever is listed first on the drop down list. This happens even if I'm updating anything on a task previously assigned to myself. It creates an extra step for who ever is logged in and more than once everyone who used the To Do List has accidentally assigned something to our TC who's it defaults to instead of the individual who is logged in. Then we have to go have our TC log-in and reassign the task. Please have it go back to making the person logged into the workstation be assigned by default. At least then if they accidentally close out a task they were going to assign to someone else without changing the name to the person they want to assign it to they can go right back in and correct it immediately.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

It’s only been in the last year that we have seen medically necessary

orthodontics being covered through medical insurance and it’s becoming more

and more common.

Although I know this means that you’ll probably have to create a class on

billing medical claims with OrthoTrac but you should be able to adapt an

existing class/training from one of your software systems that does medical

claims.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌), 

The ToDo list issue you mention has already been reported as a defect and is slated for a fix in a future version of Orthotrac.  There is a workaround available which involves replacing a file on the affected workstations.  I will be reaching out to you shortly to address this. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Hey Jeff, thanks for asking!  In a more recent update the recall reports were modified so that you could work the list without printing it out.  It now allows for comments to be attached to the report as you call and will take you into the patient files if you click on the patient name so that you can review and/or make notes in the patient chart.  My question is  -can these same features be added to the patient and insurance delinquent reports?  That would be really great!

Sheri T

Fey & Grey Orthodontics

Highlighted
Canine III

We have a large amount of parents that ask for their monthly auto payment receipts to be emailed to them and it does get pricey to snail-mail receipts.  It would be great if OrthoTrac could generate emailed receipts!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Amy (ajschopp‌), 

We have previously had this request and thank you for adding your voice to the chorus.  In the meantime, you can work around this by printing the receipt to PDF and then attaching that .PDF to an email to the patient.  Print the receipt as normal and when asked to choose a printer, choose the "novaPDF"  printer to print the receipt to a .PDF file.  Then attach that PDF file to an outgoing email and you will have the desired result. 

Regards,

Highlighted
Canine III

If done in bulk from Reports>Financial>Auto Payments>Auto Payment Receipts, will it save them as individual PDFs or one bulk file?  The majority of our payments are set up automatically, and some of this is so time-consuming in a busy practice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

For any patient on automatic payments who needs a copy of the ledger or

credit card receipt we have a “To-Do” reminder set on the day their payment

posts to email a copy of it to them.

Laura

0 Kudos