cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebigsmile
Canine III

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Through the promise/collection module- It would be nice on the top left side to be able to see both responsible parties without having to open the chart. In a divorce case sometimes both parents are paying on a contract, we do not do separate ledgers- mainly because if one parent stops paying the account is listed past due and the child will go into a maintenance status (we inform them the office does not get in the middle of divorce cases and for the benefit of their child they need to make arrangements  to make it work) 

0 Kudos
thebigsmile
Canine III

When a patient calls and schedules an appointment and due to a language barrier- the name is misspelled- it would be nice to not have to cancel the appointment to update then name, otherwise the CBCT and photos come out with the incorrect spelling

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Roxy (thebigsmile‌),

Your first suggestion is a good one.  Tagging the OrthoTrac PLM uriyahrobinson‌  to make sure he is aware of that suggestion.  

For your second suggestion, that issue has been previously reported as a defect in OrthoTrac and is scheduled to be corrected in a future version of the software. 

Thank you again for your suggestions!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
thebigsmile
Canine III

The patient information sheet that can be printed on a specific patient or blank form should be able to be edited so we can add specific criteria like a health history questionnaire with yes/ no sections.  (this is for returning patients and to verify new information/ medical history changes and not fill out a full New Patient form) Adding a Hippa acknowledgment as well to make things easier for returning patients

Good day Roxy (thebigsmile‌),

Thank you for the suggestion.  We will review it, but I think it's unlikely that it will be implemented.  The Patient Information Form has been hard-coded to pull specific information from the patient's chart because it is intended as a one-time thing.  If you need a form which retains previously entered patient information and has additional questions about new information / history changes, I recommend you set up a questionnaire which can be executed multiple times for any given patient.   For more information, please see our knowledge article Documentation: Setting Up Questionnaires   . 

Thank you again for your suggestions!

Regards,

0 Kudos
brandie36
Canine III

I would love it if you could scroll using the arrow keys when you are in the patient search screen. Right now you have to use your mouse to select the patient. By scrolling with the arrow keys, especially when there is just a short list would be much faster. 

0 Kudos
brandie36
Canine III

I don't know if it is a copyright issue, but it would be nice if you could fill out the ADA 2006 claim forms on the screen and print it from there instead of printing it on an already printed form. Your fields never match up nicely and so it doesn't look as nice as if you could if it was printed directly from the screen. 

0 Kudos

Good day Brandie brandie36), 

OrthoTrac does already allow you to scroll through the patient lookup list using the arrow keys;  however, to be able to do so, you first have to use the mouse to click on any name in the list to make the highlighted name "active".  After that you can scroll up and down with the arrow keys.  I don't know whether it will be possible to have OrthoTrac automatically "focus" the first patient in the list so that you don't actually have to click in that window before the scroll will work, but I can pass that request on to Development.  Tagging the current OrthoTrac PLM uriyahrobinson‌  to make sure he sees this.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Regards,

Good day Brandie (brandie36‌),

This isn't the first time this kind of request has been made.  Unfortunately, you've guessed the reason we do not print the actual forms themselves.  It is because of licensing and copyright reasons;  it would be prohibitively expensive to be able to acquire the licensing rights to be able to print the ADA forms themselves, costs which we would then have to pass on in some way to our customers.  Printing the data only is a compromise which was deemed best.

I will note that because of variations in spacing on the claim forms supplied by various manufacturers, it's important to keep in mind that we can only guarantee that the claim forms will print properly if they were provided by our partner RR Donnelley.  For more information on this, as well as information on the use of the margin adjustment utility which can be used to make alterations in the way the claim forms print, please see our knowledge article Orthotrac - Insurance Claims are Not Lining Up Properly Within the Margins When Printing . 

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

0 Kudos
brandie36
Canine III

Yep, you are right. I learned something new today. I would be nice though if it could automatically focus on the first patient so you don’t have to click the mouse, it just is a waste of time when you have to grab the mouse first, you may as well click on the patient that you are already searching for rather than doing the scroll. It seems like one of the older versions let you scroll without clicking on the mouse first. Thank you for the tip.

0 Kudos