Did you mean: 
gwyn
Canine III

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Good day Gwyn (gwyn@clinebellortho.com‌), 

Thank you for your latest feedback.  I am tagging uriyahrobinson‌, the OrthoTrac PLM, to make sure he is aware of this request regarding the practice name on the X-rays.  We will ensure it gets sent to CSOI development. 

Regarding the updates, OrthoTrac and CSOI do not have a way to set "automatic updates" in the software.  This is because updates to OrthoTrac require very specific steps that must be done first on the server and then on each individual workstation and must be coordinated with Support.  As for shipping the updates to your office, I see that your practice was already sent the OrthoTrac update on March 7th, 2018.  We do try to get the updates to all our offices who have requested them as soon as possible, but logistically there is a limit to the number of updates that can be sent in any given day, particularly when there is heavy demand for a new major release. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
val6511
Canine II

this is our problem too. Very difficult to post an insurance payment made by credit card voucher.

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar I

I personally would like to see the account balance fixed to include totals and not just for the responsible party you have on the screen.  The current balance should reflect all totals, then have a breakdown in the tabs to show how it is apportioned.  Easy for front desk to make a mistake on whether or not their is a balance due if they didn't notice Dad is RP2 and not RP1.

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar I

I would also like a separate tab on the chart for financial notes.  

0 Kudos

Good day Paula (paularyfa),

Regarding the totals issue you brought up:  I will forward your suggestion on to Development, but it is unlikely any changes will be made as this functionality is already available on the Totals screen of OrthoTrac, or on the "View by Single Account" tab of the Ledger.  The Responsible Party tab of the Ledger screen is intended to show only the balance for that specific responsible party.

Regarding the separate tab in Charting for financial notes: We have had this request previously but since OrthoTrac already allows you to enter comments in the Ledger, it was not deemed a necessary improvement to Charting. If you need to enter financial comments, please do so in the Ledger. 

Tagging uriyahrobinson‌ and r.alfieri‌.   

Thank you as always for your feedback!

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

val6511

We post insurance credit card vouchers just like patient would make a credit card payment but with two changes. When entering the card information for it to process we enter the name on the card as: Last name -Insurance company, First name-Virtual CCard , then enter card number, expiration, CVN # like normal, submit for payment, and you print the payment receipt. Then OrthoTrac always takes you back to the posting screen which is where you need to change the amount in the "Patient" box to $0.00 and hit the "Tab" key which will cause the payment amount to repopulate under the "Insurance". Then you can complete posting of the payment by clicking on the white arrow and the credit card payment will be reflected under the insurance ledger not the patient ledger. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bracemom35
Canine II

We think an easier way to print a payment receipt would be good!  Should be able to print a receipt as soon as you post a payment!  Also additions to be able to use the extraction referral for tad exposure etc, since we do many other things, not just extractions.  A way for appliance tracking for those that have in house labs also would be great!  We have a lot of paper going around for our appliances and tracking.  Being able to post credit card payments under insurance, and a way to track  ach payments coming from insurance companies also.

0 Kudos

Hello,

It would be nice if there was a way that we could email reports directly from "print" menu, without having to save to a pdf first.

Regarding the TX card in the v14 update,  when selecting the "View All" option, it would be great if the notes showed up as well, not just the visit notes.  We document everything, including when a patient calls in.  When the "View All" is selected, these in between visit notes are not seen. 

With the v14 update, the copy and paste feature was removed.   Please add this back in!

Please allow notes in the ledger to be edited.   We all make typo's but the ledger notes cannot be edited at this time.  This would be a great help. 

A feature to add the most recent *choose your own* photo (we use the patient smile photo) for the snapshot would be another great feature.  In our system, if we choose the final photo (deband photo)  for a patient, it changes the default for all patients.   This would be similar to how the tx card is in v14.  In the "Most Recent" section of the tx card, you have given us the option to choose the most recent______, and we chose the panorex.  This same concept should be used for the snapshot. 

0 Kudos
brandie36
Canine III

Maybe I am missing this feature, but I would love it if the ADA form had a place to put box 25. Area of Oral Cavity and 27. Tooth Numbers or Letters. A lot of insurance companies want that part filled in for a bilateral space maintainer. It would look nicer if I didn't have to write it in by hand.  

0 Kudos