cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbowhall
Canine II

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

I think it is great that the Patient Flow automatically updates and moves throughout the day. However, allowing it to move more efficiently would make it better. Currently on our small clinic laptops the flow will keep 6-7 "gone" patients in view with only a total of 12 to begin with. When pts come in early, I slide them into the pt flow but my clinic can't see this. Is there a way to have the software/cloud only keep 2-3 "gone" patients in view? I know we can click on the see future pts button but for the clinic this is not convenient or efficient for their time. Thank you.

kris.kinlen
Premolar II

r.alfieri

0 Kudos

Good day Jessica (jbowhall‌), 

Unfortunately Patient Flow does not allow you to specify a certain number of patients you want to display in each status. I would recommend setting Patient Flow on those specific clinic workstations to not display "Gone" patients at all; this will allow them to only see the patients that are active and in the office, which is the information that they need more than the info on patients who have already left.  To do this, go to Functions, Maintenance / Setup, Patient Flow Options, Locations tab.  Uncheck the "Gone" location under Locations/Colors and Destination and that location will no longer be displayed.  Since this is a workstation-specific setting (that is, unique to each PC), you can still set "Gone" to be visible on other PCs in the office if that information is needed there. 

Thank you nevertheless for your suggestion!  As you can see from Kris's reply, our Development team is actively watching this thread. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

jbowhall
Canine II

Thank you, Phil (prcarter). I didn't know that could be done. That is perfect for our situation! Appreciate the guidance. JB

sandy6717
Canine II

We would love to use the bulk payment option for insurance, but we are not able to because it doesn't have the option of entering a note for each patient to indicate the dates of service for the payment. Can you advise if this could be an enhancement that could be made.

0 Kudos

Good day Sandy (sandy6717‌), 

Bulk payment enhancements have been in the works for some time.  I am tagging the current Orthotrac PLM uriyahrobinson‌  to make sure he is aware of your interest in that enhancement as well. 

Regards,

sandy6717
Canine II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
thebigsmile
Canine III

General DDS practice with a practice name added in as a group and when selected as referred Dr be able to chose the Doctors that are listed in that practice, so many patients call and say I go to "Redwood Dental" when asked what Doctor they see, they will reply with I would recognize the name if you told me. 

ajschopp
Canine III

I agree!  We've used work-arounds in the past, but when a letter is generated to that group the salutation is weird.  It would be super helpful, especially for those dental chains that have dentists that rotate through, etc.

Good day Roxy (thebigsmile‌) and Amy (ajschopp‌), 

This feature has been previously requested by *many* practices previously.  I am tagging the Orthotrac PLM uriyahrobinson to make sure he is aware of your interest in this feature. 

Regards,