cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

It would be easier to create an option to hide Inactive patients from the patient lookup. We could create this as a radio option in the patient info, so status has nothing to do with it. Similar ideas have been made for "archiving", but a retrieval process would need to be built as well.

0 Kudos
salanger
Canine III

More colors for office locations and appointment types. Really helps keep a multi office practice organized and efficient. Current color selection is extremely limited

0 Kudos

Good day Savannah (salanger‌),

I recall that you have made this request previously.  As I said then in this thread, the suggestion has been passed on to our Development team, who is aware of the request and are taking it into consideration for inclusion in a future version of OrthoTrac. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee when or if this feature will be added but please rest assured that your feedback has been heard.

So that you can understand why we not immediately added such a thing, I will also add that it's not just a matter of simply adding a color wheel.  Every color for the schedule must be identified with a unique numerical ID so that it can be recorded in the Schedule tables in the OrthoTrac database. The decision to limit the colors to a specific set was likely due to this programming restraint.  We most likely do not have the resources to add a unique numerical ID for every one of the thousands of colors available in the standard Windows color palette. We can likely add *some* additional colors and Development will look into that, but the inclusion of a complete color picker is unlikely to be implemented.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

sundberg101
Premolar II

Multiple attachments would be nice.

OrthoTrac should be able to have a way to record emails sent out via the Imaging Module in the tracking like it does when we email a patient. I am constantly having to remind the Dr and other staff members that if they email any x-rays or photos from the Imaging module that there is no automatic record of it made within OrthoTrac. This is especially important when any treatment information was included in the body of the email.  It is frustrating to constantly have to remind and worry about people not performing the extra step to make a notation in the charting or procedure tracking and document that they emailed something and what was included in the body of the email or open up the sent file in Outlook and importing a sent copy of the email into the tracking. My Doctor gets very frustrated with that extra step to the point that he refuses to email stuff to other Doctors because there is no automatic saving of the email in OrthoTrac.

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

Previously when we have gone to Development with this request, we were advised that it was not possible due to differences in the way that CSOI calls the email program versus the way that OrthoTrac itself calls the email program.  I will, nevertheless, tag the OrthoTrac PLM uriyahrobinson‌  to make sure he's aware of this request.

Thank you as always for the feedback!

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
thebigsmile
Canine III

In the scheduling module it would be great to easily move patients from 1 column to another, adding additional time to the appointment if needed. When patients have a recall appointment for it to send out an automated reminder to contact the office   Patients without appointments sending auto message to contact the office for an appointment. I will have to give myself some time to think about additional 

0 Kudos
thebigsmile
Canine III

Gwyn- we print to the Nova PDF and save to our desktop, then you just browse to that document, really anything that goes into the chart like online insurance benefits- this may be of some help

0 Kudos

Good day Roxy (thebigsmile‌),

Thank you for your latest suggestions!

1.  Moving patients from one column to another is already available when using drag and drop scheduling.  Drag the patients to the clipboard sidebar, then drag them back to the schedule in the new slot you want to use.  Note that the new slot must be the same number of slots as the previously scheduled appointment;  it is not possible to add time to appointments when rescheduling in this manner due to limitations about the way appointments are added in OrthoTrac. 

2.  Patient reminders for patients with recalls or without appointments:  This suggestion has been made previously but the official determination was that the various different appointment reminder services available from third party partners like Televox/West Interactive already sufficiently address this.  There are no plans to create an internal notification service that works from within OrthoTrac at this time. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
gwyn
Canine III

I would like for all updates to be automatically sent to me. I want all the updates as soon as they are issued. We pay a lot of money for this software and we want to be as up to date as possible.

I would like this automatic update sent for OrthoTrac and for Orthodontic Imaging.

I was told by support that there is not currently a way to request this in the software.

0 Kudos
gwyn
Canine III

I would like to be able to put my practice name on all X-Rays emailed directly out of OrthoTrac.

Currently, support has told me that I have to Export them to the Desktop and print to Bitmap or that I can add an annotation directly onto the image. This is a lot of extra steps to do and to remember.

There is a checkbox that says it will Print the company name on the X-Ray.

Any chance that that will happen soon. It would really save time and make sure that our name gets on every x-ray sent out. Thanks!

0 Kudos