cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Good day Gwyn (gwyn@clinebellortho.com‌),

I believe I have addressed this already in the following thread.  It is understood and expected that multiple staff members will be needing to access the same patient to perform multiple different functions -- one person accessing the patient record to post a payment, another person accessing the schedule to make an appointment, a third one entering notes in Charting. However, this open access to the patient is the same reason why we cannot "lock" the patient record when someone is accessing it.  If we added a lock to the system when someone was accessing a patient's functions (similarly to the way Microsoft does when someone is accessing an Excel file, as you mentioned in the other thread), then no one else would be able to access the patient for anything at all, which would make the software just about unusable.

I am sorry that you feel this is not acceptable.  I am tagging our Product Line Manager Jeffrey Urkevich (jeffrey.urkevich‌)  to let him know of your concerns.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Gwyn (gwyn@clinebellortho.com‌),

We welcome any suggestions you have on making Contact Experts more user friendly.  Can you provide us with particulars on what exactly you would like to see changed?

In the meantime, the Orthotrac Help file (Help, CS Orthotrac Help)  has information on running Contact Experts reports.  Additional training is also available in the following knowledge articles:

Orthotrac: Creating a Custom Report in the Contact Expert

and

Orthotrac: Initial Training Workbook   (Lesson 18 is on the use of Contact Expert).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Gwyn (),

Thank you for the suggestion; however, this is a limitation of Outlook itself, not Orthotrac.  Once an attachment is added to an email in Outlook, that attachment cannot be modified in any way other than to delete it. 

If you wish to rename an attachment, the file you wish to send should be renamed before you attach it to the email.  If you are talking about items attached directly from Orthotrac or Imaging (as in the case of letters sent through email or images emailed directly from the Imaging gallery), this is not possible because the attachment is added to the email with the same filename as it is recorded in Orthotrac or Imaging.  In those cases, the filename should already be an accurate description of the file's contents so this should generally not be an issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Gwyn (),

Thank you for the suggestion!  I am tagging Matt Czarick (mczar‌), one of our E-Services folks, to see if he can speak to the feasibility of this.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Gwyn (),

I recall you mentioning this previously.  I am tagging Matt Czarick (mczar‌), one of our E-Services folk, and Jeffrey Urkevich (jeffrey.urkevich), our Product Line Manager, to make sure your concerns are addressed.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

I will go check this out! Thanks for letting me know!

Highlighted
Canine III

Only a problem when sending letters. Sometimes the name of the letter is descriptive to us but confusing to the patient who would receive the attachment. I can understand that it is a limitation of Outlook. Just makes more work to use the program to create a mail merged letter and then have to save the pdf and rename it something that is more descriptive or less descriptive to the patient.

It was a just a suggestion.Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Gwyn,

Unless you have a customized form most fields should populate back to the corresponding field in the software (if applicable). There may be some fields on the forms (allergies comes to mind) that do not have an equivalent field in the Orthotrac database and therefore are not able to write back to the software.  You would have to actually view the form through patient tracking to see all the information on the form.   Are there certain field or fields you are referring to that do not populate back into the software?  We are always looking for ways to improve our products so we do truly thank you for your suggestions.

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Gwyn,

This is actually being addressed in our next version of Orthotrac. We continually work TransFirst and our other business partners to make sure we are doing everything we can to optimize rates and values of the services.

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
Highlighted
Canine III

It does help to have a clickable email address.

Then how do you get the pan or the document/superbill into the email with the email address?

It seems to be a choice of clicking on the email address and it does not show you the responsible parties email address only the patient email address when you are back in the imaging portion where you can email documents from.

Thanks for your assistance in using this.

0 Kudos