cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Good day Gwyn (gwyn@clinebellortho.com‌),

Most offices handle this by using a universal Subject line and text for the email.  This can be set in the window that appears when you select the "Use Associated Email Addresses"  when printing a letter:

This text will then be used for ALL letters sent by email and so regardless of the title of the attachment document, the patient will know it is important to read it.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
drdougortho
Canine III

Is this the same for OT CLOUD?  Because Outlook for us is housed on your CLOUD... so is the setup process the same?

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Palaganas (drdougortho‌),

No, for Cloud clients Support must install the patient tracking add-in, which is generally done at the time Outlook Cloud is set up on your workstations.  I don't recall ever having received a request from your practice to have Outlook Cloud set up, so I did some digging in your call history and found that it was originally set up by your trainers back in 2014 when your practice went live on Cloud.  At the time the training department may not have been aware that they needed to install the add-in separately, since Cloud was new to them back then.  In any case, I have installed it now on your application server and it will be active going forward.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Good day Gwyn (),

If you are attaching a document that you already have saved somewhere else, all you need do is click the "Attachment" icon in Outlook, or drag the document to the Outlook window and it will be attached that way. 

If you are sending an image directly from CS Orthodontic Imaging by using the email icon there, unfortunately that interface does not support selection of multiple email addresses.  I believe this is set to be addressed in a future version of Imaging.  In the meantime, what most offices do is open the email from Imaging with the image attached, then check the patient's main information screen to obtain the needed email address and insert it into the email.

Regards,

livinglifesmiling
Canine III

Just reading this. If I'm emailing a letter to a patient I WILL NEVER make the letter an attachment to the email. I go thru the normal letter process in OT & print out the letter. Before I close out of the letter I copy the letter. I then confirm the letter. Next step is to go the Patient Info screen and click on the email address that the emailed letter is going to. this opens Outlook and I paste the letter onto the email and send it.  This way I am mailing and emailing the letter. Sometimes I choose only to email and not to actually mail the letter, but the letter copy is saved as an image in tracking. I also go to the pt's ledger and document in all caps (SO IT STANDS OUT AT A GLANCE):  ECOLLTR-+30 TO RP1  For the record, it's amazing how quickly people respond to emails these days and how little response is received from regular mail!

mistyeverman
Canine III

As a practice with more than one location, it would be nice to have the reports "Patients Added in a Specific Month" or "Since a Specific Date" to be location specific.

Good day Misty (),

This is a good suggestion.  I do need to note, however, that you can get this information another way -- through Patient Tracking reports.

1.  Select Reports, Patient Tracking from the main OrthoTrac menu.

2.  Select "Add New Report".  Enter any title you choose.

3.  Click the checkbox for "Patients Added Since a Specified Date" or "Patients Added In a Specified Month".  Enter the date range you wish to use.

4.  Click the checkbox for "Patients Assigned to a Specified Location Code".   Select the location you wish to use.

5.  In the "View Results As" section, click "Contact Expert".

6.  Click "Apply" to save your search.

7.  Click "Search" to run the search.

8.  When the search results are displayed, click "Report" to print the report.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

0 Kudos
mistyeverman
Canine III

Thank you!

Misty Everman

Office Manager

Gordon Orthodontics

800-471-2939

mistyeverman@gordonorthodontics.com<mailto:mistyeverman@gordonorthodontics.com>

140 Shawnee Street, Greenville, OH 45331

937-548-0755

1930 Prime Court, Troy, OH 45373

937-339-1013

0 Kudos
livinglifesmiling
Canine III

In our system, when a referral letter is generated (whether it's to the DMD, or an OS, etc...) the name of the letter post in blue to the pt's tx card. There is letter icon to the far right of the letter name that when clicked opens the actual letter that was sent. 

gwyn
Canine III

Dr and all assistants want Spell check in charting notes