cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Good day Gwyn (),

Thank you for the suggestion; however, this one is unlikely to be implemented for several practical reasons:

1.  New code would have to be written or licensed to create a spell check function

2.  A standardized dictionary file would need to be licensed and extensive research would have to be done to determine what technical orthodontic terms are to be considered "standard"

3.  Initial research was done on this some time ago.  Our research found that most offices do not use complete English sentences when taking notes in charting, but instead use frequent abbreviations, codes and non-dictionary words. As a result, most offices found the spell check was flagging large numbers of "words" as incorrect that they used all the time, found it to be intrusive and simply turned it off or would click "Skip All", defeating the purpose of the check.

For example, it would be difficult to create a spell check that would look at the line

"Doc recomm WRT/3u next apt, pt compl bands hurting, lvl 2; asst recom ibu and salt water"

which would determine the word "recom" should actually be "recomm", but does not flag all of the other nonstandard words as incorrect.

I have passed on the suggestion to our Development team nevertheless.  Thank you!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
audreyf
Canine III

On the schedule colors, a black would be nice to make sure the schedulers see that no one can be added in certain spaces....

0 Kudos

Hi Audrey (‌),

In that case, hopefully adding that info to the "required" setup in Patient Add Maintenance will add the needed delay. Since the cursor will then stop at those fields when using Tab during the add process, the staff member will see that this information should be entered.

Hearing you would like to be able to *add* to the "absolutely required" fields which cannot be omitted, though, is a good suggestion, and I have passed it on to Development.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Good day Audrey (audreyf‌),

This is accomplished by setting the schedule slots in question to "Blocked", or closed.  This displays on the schedule in gray, indicating those slots should not be used for appointments. Below is a screenshot of a sample day. The times from 7:00 to 7:30 are closed, as are the times from 9 to 10:20 in chairs 1 and 5.

Attempting to schedule an appointment on any of these blocked / closed slots will produce the following warning message:

Regards,

0 Kudos
zachtonlowe
Canine III

Allow more 3rd party payment integration, such as Ortho Banc.  It would be great to allow your customers more choices in how we process and integrate payments.  From talking with Ortho Banc over the years I know they are interested in integrating, and integrate with all the other major Ortho software companies, so I don't understand why they are being blocked when it would be a huge service and help to orthotrac users.

0 Kudos
drdougortho
Canine III

So Here's an idea (I saw this on Ortho2).  would be great to have some Invisalign specific drop downs like we have for wires.   1)Aligners given 2)frequency of changing aligners (1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks etc), 3)Tracking (Excellent/fair/poor)   As Invisalign is SO big in ortho and constantly growing, software needs to encorporate and customize it just like we do for fixed appliances.

kris.kinlen
Premolar II

prcarter‌ - Is this not possible today?

0 Kudos

Kristopher (kris.kinlen‌), thanks for bringing this one to my attention. I haven't been able to check here in a few days due to other commitments.

Hi Dr. Palaganas (drdougortho)  -- please advise what you mean by "drop downs like you have for wires".  I suspect you are referring to the following section of Charting:

The reason I ask for clarification is because these four fields can be customized for every practice and thus what you use for "Upper AW", etc., may be something different for other practices.  The field names and their content can be edited in Charting Maintenance, as follows:

1.  From the main menu of Orthotrac, select Functions, Maintenance/Setup, Charting Maintenance.

2.  The Label Descriptions section in the upper left has the relevant info:

"Data Combo 1" is the first field, "Data Combo 2" is the second field, and so on.  You may change the descriptions of the fields themselves here on this screen, to rename any field you want to refer to something else (such as the Invisalign items you mentioned).

3.  To change the available content that appears when you click the actual drop-down for that field in Charting, click the List button for each item.  The following screen appears:

4.  You may then add new items to the drop-down list by clicking the Add New button, change existing descriptions with the Change button or remove items you no longer use with the Remove button. 

5.  After making necessary changes, click OK to save and exit.

6.  Click OK to close Charting Maintenance.

If you are asking to have completely new drop-downs added to this screen while keeping the existing four, that would definitely require a programmatic change.  Charting is already using pretty much all the available screen space in the existing window, so adding completely new drop-downs would require significant reworking of the Charting screen.  Development does watch this space, so you can be assured that your suggestion will be received.

If this is not what you are referring to, please provide some more details and I'll be glad to assist further.

Regards,

Good day Dr. Lowe (zachtonlowe‌),

We don't currently have a partnership with OrthoBanc because the last time we contacted them about such a partnership, they indicated they were not interested.  If you have heard differently from them recently, we will be glad to bring up the idea once more.  I'm tagging Jeff Urkevich (jeffrey.urkevich‌), the OrthoTrac PLM, to make sure he sees this.

Regards,

0 Kudos
zachtonlowe
Canine III

Thanks Phil,

I was told by two people at orthobanc they would love to integrate and talk with you guys again.  They said the best person to talk to at Orthobanc is Marla Merritt phone number 1-888-758-0585 extension 8304 and that she would love a call from you guys.  Can you pass this along to Jeff Urkevich as well.

Zach

0 Kudos