cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundberg101
Premolar II

Importing .stl files into OrthoTrac

Is there a document, webinar, or class recording that shows how to import .stl files into OrthoTrac Imaging? I'm asking because we have an iTero Element and have heard that it can be done once the .stl files are downloaded from Cadent. 

3 Replies

Re: Importing .stl files into OrthoTrac

Tagging tshaw‌ from Educational Development.  Tiffany, can you offer any insight?

Thanks,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar II

Well, I thought the Imaging Support team had found a way for us to see .stl files but it screwed up our CBCT viewing software. If you currently use the 3D Imaging Suite software for your 8100SC3D  do NOT install the CS Mesh Viewer because it apparently overrides the 3D Imaging Suite software. I had to go back and uninstall the Mesh viewer and re-install the 3D Imaging Suite the next day.

Carestream needs to find a solution to keep up with today's technology, provide a way for us to open and see the .stl files we are getting from other offices within the imaging program without requiring us to purchase a CS3600 especially if we have already invested thousands of dollars in an 8100SC3D unit/software.

0 Kudos
braceslc
Canine III

We use the itero element as well.  We just import them using the Orthocad software.  Once you open the file in itero, click on orthocad, when it opens in orthocad save to desktop, then open imaging and add to a visit or create one, right click on visit and add "other" navigate to the file.  Each computer that you want to have ability to view scans will need the Orthocad software.  You can download the software from the itero website.  

0 Kudos